1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Gradient fade but in text rather then normal gradient

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by iggle, Jun 28, 2010.

Hey all,

I'm trying to accomplish something I jsut cant get my head wrapped around. Basically what I'm trying to do is at the end of a letter/most of the letter fade as if it were a gradient, however, rather then just using a mask to actually fade it with a gradient on the mask, I want to have it 'fade' away but using crpytography (numbers/letters).. Basically so it will seem solid, and slowly become less and less, so from far it is to resemble a gradient but if you look up close you can see its actual letters/text that are becoming further apart and creating the illusion of the gradient. I have tried with using spacing on the text but it just doesn't look right to get hte desired effect

I've checked all over and cannot find anything to get me on teh right path to accomplish this, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
    james

iggle, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  2. Misa_Misa

Misa_Misa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just apply a gradient to your letters, and switch it on the right angle to get what you want?

Did you want something like this, or just fade the whole text?

[​IMG]

If you did - just tell me and I will show you how it's done. :) :D

Misa_Misa, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  3. iggle

iggle Peon

Best Answers:
    hey hey,

Yea, i've tried something similar, really want to ge tit so its the actual lettering that is spaced out more rather then just fading the actual letters (does that make sense? lol) I guess it's more of a typographything then normal ps stuff, but I'm really stumped! I know it's doable, Ive seen it before even, but to actually accomplish it is a whole other story! :)

Thanks for the help!

iggle, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  4. Piggy

Piggy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know what you're talking about, but I couldn't tell you an easy way to do it... You're going to have to go through and adjust the kerning between the font at the end, but it'll take a lot of time. You'll also need alot of small text to achieve a gradient look.

Piggy, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  5. zhoom

zhoom Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you have a sample image?

zhoom, Jul 7, 2010 IP