1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Graphics and Multimedia - Post your skills

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Design Agent, Jul 31, 2005.

1. starmonkey

starmonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    befriend a musician. There are quite a few musicians out there that will work for free just to get their stuff heard. There are websites out there that independents post their music for free, and usually there is a way to contact them.

I watched one guy completely program a multitrack song using Cakewalk (I think).

I did a viral marketing thing of a dragon burning the MSN butterfly last year and had a very good musician write and deliver the music I needed for free. Turned out he was a session player for some west coast bands out here and was also a high school music teacher.

It was easier to find a musician to do what I needed then looking through the royalty free 'canned music' CDs at the library.

starmonkey, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  2. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I have an rtx.100 extreme and it rocks! Premiere Pro/Encore/Audition/AE are great tools, but I just do home videos, nothing professional.

I've been a dedicated corel user since 3.0, but in the last year I've been learning adobe tools. The Fireworks/Corel combo is probably what I use the most - mainly because the vector tools in corel are easy to work with. I've played with gimp, but my commercial tools are more intuitive for me because of experience.

I'm a big fan of dreamweaver, but that's not graphic/multimedia more design. I want Adobe go-live to be better, but I think it will go the way of the goonie bird instead.

Been looking into building training classes with authorware as well. Looks pretty cool.

I've played extensively with MIDI but I have yet to do anything cool. I've also done my share of directx and have developed a few games over the years but nothing distributed beyond a few buddies.

There are more music and camera gadgets around here than I could possibly ever utilize to their full potential, but I love playing around.

nevetS, Aug 4, 2005 IP
  3. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone got any thoughts into the way Macromedia and Adobe products will change after the accuisision?

Better PS integration with DW?
    The death of Fireworks?

I'm really looking forward to seeing what happens there - It will be one hell of a product suite if they do it right (Maybe we'll even see illustrator working closer with Flash?!?)

SEbasic, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  4. nevetS

nevetS Evolving Dragon

Best Answers:
    I think the products even though competitive will probably all remain in place. I think GoLive is probably the application most ripe for removal. Fireworks still has it's place - it's much more efficient for web imaging and PS is incredible as a professional imaging tool. I'd hate to lose fireworks. I really think it will stick around though.

I think we'll see more flash features - and better integration between flash and AE - although it's still fairly strong as it is. I also see a flash/premiere integration point just dying to happen. And then there's flashpaper vs. acrobat. Flashpaper is much quicker to load, but acrobat still offers better portability.

nevetS, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  5. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    You think Fireworks will stick around?

I just don't rate it at all. It's no where near as intuitive as PS, and combining PS with ImageReady is (IMO) a killer app.

Have you read any of the info on Flash8?
    It sounds like it's moving in on some of the QuickTime, Real and WinMedia market (Well - gonna try to anyway). The video compression is supposed to be way more advanced that previous versions so it would be interesting to see how Premier will accomodate for that once the merger is complete.

I haven't worked with FlashPaper, but I've gotta say - I really hate Acrobat. It would nice to see that go IMO.

SEbasic, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  6. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    Flash already uses sorensen and Im not sure why its not used for all video already..

Design Agent, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  7. adigitaldreamer

adigitaldreamer Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't like this move one bit. It's good to have 2 strong contenders. I like how they approach things differently. Now you can expect to see Dreamweaver to have an Adobe UI. I love Photoshop, but I also am used to the way dreamweaver is layed out, and don't want that to change.

Now this company can become lazy, because there is no one breathing down their neck. That stinks for the long term.

Brian

adigitaldreamer, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  8. starmonkey

starmonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    My bets would be on GoLive and Fireworks taking the initial demise.
    Hard to say what will become of Freehand. I can't see Adobe canning Illustrator. I wouldn't like it if they gave Dreamweaver an Adobe style UI. Should be interesting what they come out with. I think that Adobe wanted Flash and getting Dreamweaver as well was a bonus. I think Macromedia just wanted to survive and not be bought by Microsoft. Microsoft basically killed SoftImage, even though that was not their goal(?)... hmm maybe it was, but I doubt it.

starmonkey, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  9. Swordfish

Swordfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    I know photoshop better than english, and I'm english is the only languge I know :)

Swordfish, Aug 5, 2005 IP
  10. vectorgraphx

vectorgraphx Guest

Best Answers:
    I doubt adobe will mess with DW, it's too widely used... that would be a bad move on their part. People like DW as it is, and they'll want to keep their customer base happy.

Freehand, on the other hand, i don't know about this one. I too fear it's on its way out... I already had the feeling BEFORE the merger that macromedia was pulling back on FH, of all the programs in the mx 2004 suite, FH was given the least TLC from the upgrade from the mx suite. I use FH all the time, and I'd be hard pressed to tell you what's different between FH from the MX suite and FH from the MX 2004 suite. Slight change to the GUI, but overall, not much new. For example, Freehand MX 2004's pdf export option is what, 3 versions behind? The highest Acrobat export option available through FH is acrobat 4; and frankly, it doesn't work all that well, as in if you have anything complex, forget about the pdf export option. FH will screw it up. I don't know about you guys, but I'm ALWAYS needing pdf's these days for my graphic work, this seems like a feature they really could have (should have) kept fairly up-to-date on.

VG

vectorgraphx, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  11. danimal

danimal Active Member

Best Answers:
    it's not used much because it's not very good... and in fact, the new version of flash coming out does not use the sorenson codec anymore.

danimal, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  12. Design Agent

Design Agent Peon

Best Answers:
    since flash is not really indexed well, I moved away.. I guess Im behind the times ;)

Design Agent, Aug 8, 2005 IP
  13. Critters

Critters Guest

Best Answers:
    If anyone wants a hand, just ask:

Main skills:
    Programming (ASP, Action Script, Lingo, some JS), Image editing, 3D mod and anim, video editing

Core packages:
    Flash, Adobe Photoshop, discreet 3ds Max, Sony Vegas (was sonic), Adobe premiere, discreet combustion, Adobe afterFX

Others
    MySQL, MSSQL, IIS

Would like to learn/ next
    ASP.NET, PHP, Linux

Critters, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  14. redbull

redbull Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have very good knowledge of the following:
    Adobe Photoshop
    Adobe Premiere
    Macromedia Dreamweaver
    Corel Bryce

Decent knowledge of:
    Cinema4d
    3d Studio Max

Dan

redbull, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  15. starmonkey

starmonkey Peon

Best Answers:
    starmonkey, Aug 11, 2005 IP
  16. Damien_Hilltop

Damien_Hilltop Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi guyz...I'm a newbie to digital point.
    [Freelancer for hire]
    My skillz:
    Adobe photoshop/premier
    Macromedia Flash/Dreamweaver
    Swift 3D
    Powerpoint
    Sonar 4
    Cool Edit Pro
    Fruity Loops

You can check out some of my work at ... myspace.com/deesgraphics
    I just got through moving some stuff around...so if the profile page looks alittle empty its because some of the content was moved to my blogs.
    Feel free to leave a comment.

Theres also a spot where you can buy some original musical works. So please check them out.

Also...If theres anybody out there that knows how to improve on my marketing strategy...let me know.

Damien_Hilltop, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  17. depi

depi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Graphics: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe ImageReady
    Programming: PHP, MySQL, CSS, X(HTML), JavaScript (little)

Next I would like to learn Adobe Illustrator or Corel Draw from graphic and advandced OOP in PHP and from programming.

depi, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  18. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here's the list with my skills:

Main design skills:
    Drawing, Painting, Calligraphy, Print, multimedia and web graphics.

Core Design packages:
    Macromedia studio (flash, fireworks dreamweaver), Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator.

Others
    Powerpoint (but I am a master here :))

Would like to learn more about
    Photography, 3D animation, video editing.:rolleyes:

NathanielJ, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  19. constance6356

constance6356 Peon

Best Answers:
    Main design skills:
    Drawing, Painting, Digital illustrations

Core Design packages:
    Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator, Corel Painter X, QuarkXpress, Adobe In-Design

Others
    powerpoint, Flash (very basic), Dreamweaver (very basic)

Would like to learn/ next
    More on Dreamweaver with css...also Maya...

constance6356, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  20. e-fun

e-fun Peon

Best Answers:
    long times ago.. yesterday.. now.. and also in the future.. my software is Photoshop.
    From the zero, i learn Photoshop by e-tutorial, and now i know how to handle it easily.
    Then from there, i learn many other software juz after i know Photoshop. Thanks to Photoshop. hehe..;)

e-fun, Apr 5, 2007 IP