1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Graphics & Modeling Hardware?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Rhinn, May 6, 2009.

Hey all! I'm looking into picking up a laptop and was hoping everyone could provide a little feedback. I did a decent amount of gaming in my younger years and I was able to run Photoshop, Fireworks etc. with no issue.

I've been looking at an Asus G50VT-X6 and wondering if it was worth the price tag. Best Buy has a killer deal going on an Asus G50VT-X5 but the max resolution is much lower and it looks like a 14 year old's system. They're both running a NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS w/ 512MB of DDR3. I know where to go to check into video cards for gaming but I'm yet to find a site that rates them for design.

I'm still using PS, Fireworks, Illustrator etc. and I've picked up a copy of 3DS Max that I'm intending to learn. Goal being to create some clips with 3DS Max & Flash. Are there cards for design & modeling or do they fall under the same thing? I'm assuming that a NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GS will render in 3DS Max just as it would render in game?

Thought I'd ask, none of my friends are really into PC stuff other than actually playing games.

Rhinn, May 6, 2009 IP