1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Growing a Social Network

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by sullenboy, Mar 20, 2009.

Hi digitalpoint community board members how's everyone ?

I am currently having some troubles furthering the growth of my social network so I decided to ask for a helping hand on what shall I do next.

What is my site ? - I own a social network for BlackBerry device owners only. It's a website where BlackBerry device members can make new friends to talk to on BlackBerry messenger.

I have tried advertising on MySpace and BlackBerrycool so far but have not gained a substantial amount of new site members and my traffic has been headed downhill lately.

There are a few other BlackBerry sites that I can advertise on but I don't want to spend the money advertising and gain no new members. I was looking into search engine submission services to give my site the needed SEO is requires but I am not sure on what to do...

Should I continue to advertise on BlackBerry related websites, should I use a SEO company to gain results.. I am not sure how do I further continue to grow a site like mines... I am nearing 1000members in a period of 3months but my traffic is still very low.... Any tips will greatly be appreciated.

sullenboy, Mar 20, 2009 IP
  2. jackio

jackio Banned

Best Answers:
    Well I think it's a good idea because you "attack" a particular target of users. I think you can have contests or games to get people to stay and grab new members. Have something really interested, you know?

jackio, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  3. Webdevloper1

Webdevloper1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most of Successful social sites are spammers..

Webdevloper1, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  4. engineerroy2008

engineerroy2008 Member

Best Answers:
    Your site is viewable only in Blackberry, or can be viewed in browsers also ? Since it is targeting a niche segment advertise in the related sites it the best choice of brand building

engineerroy2008, Mar 21, 2009 IP
  5. sullenboy

sullenboy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Should I do the advertising how ever on BlackBerry related sites with banner ads or should I do it with PPC and social submission.

sullenboy, Mar 21, 2009 IP