1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has anyone been to this site? Do you think that it is legit?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by affiliateorbust, Nov 7, 2011.

Hello everyone i am new to this forum! I saw someone post this website on Craigslist and i wanted to know what some of the more experience people on this forum thought about it. The website is www.jobforfree.net and they are supposedly some new online job industry hiring people to blog or promote. I checked it out but i am undecided on whether i should join. Can anyone tell me if this is a legit website? It looks legit and some people are getting paid to do it but i can't decide for myself if it really is real or not. It would help out a lot if someone with more experience with that type of website can fill me in on whether it is legit or not. Thanks to all who reply! The website is www.jobforfree.net

affiliateorbust, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  2. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    I went ahead and quickly scanned through the website and found that even though the design of the website absolutely sucks, and seems like it's too good to be true, it looks like viable source of income and is in fact legit. The reason i believe it is legit is ,

1. You do not have to pay a fee to join, and no personal information is required such as Social Security or Credit Card.

2. There are plenty of testimonials and they look legit to me because not everyone is making hundreds of dollars. Some are making $20 a day also.

3. I did some quick research and found some reviews on google and they were all positive.

To be sure, I would take about 15 minuets doing some quick research on google to get reviews. Other than that, i find no reason to suspect they scam people. It is free to join, so go ahead and try it out. :)

Hope I helped!

TheDuke2011, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  3. affiliateorbust

affiliateorbust Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks a lot! I think i am going to sign up and earn some extra cash! Thanks for replying!

4. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah no problem man, Hope everything works out.. be sure to update me on how it goes.

5. affiliateorbust

affiliateorbust Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey man it checks out! I just made a quick $5 for posting ads about them on craigslist and twitter! Even though their design does suck (lol) they really do pay. Any ideas on how to promote them even further so i can make even more money?

6. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I would say the site is a scam. From my quick glance most of it appeared to be total bullshit.

browntwn, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  7. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Well, they may show that your making money with them, but the next part would be to cash out. Then you will know for sure that they are legit. Don't do too much work for them yet until after you cash out with them. Also what is the minimum cash out? I didn't get a chance to look at that.

8. affiliateorbust

affiliateorbust Peon

Best Answers:
    It does look like crap though but i did make a quick $5 from this site. I think it needs work but the company is paying so i'm not complaining much lol

9. affiliateorbust

affiliateorbust Peon

Best Answers:
    They didn't say it was a minimum payout dude. All i did was post links about it on twitter and craigslist and they paid me to do it. It was the easiest $5 i made so far in my life. And they pay went directly to my paypal account! It's cool and now i know they aren't a scam, they just have a bunch of lazy web designers.

10. affiliateorbust

affiliateorbust Peon

Best Answers:
    I was thinking the same until i saw the testimonials and after i made this thread on DP. After someone told me that they thought it was legit i gave it a try and it turns out that it is legit. I'm not sure why their design is crap though but i got paid

11. browntwn

Best Answers:
    CLUES:

1. The domain name was registered less than a week ago on November 1, 2011.
    http://whois.domaintools.com/jobforfree.net

2. The first testmonial claims he did 2 weeks of work (on a site less than a week old)

3. The site claims to have promoted their first member:

4. The owner of the domain name, just happens to be the same "William Satcher"
    http://whois.domaintools.com/jobforfree.net

My guess is that the thread is also started by William Satcher in an attempt to shill his own site pretending to be asking for others to check it out. It was transparent from the original post, but only took a minute or two to confirm.

I hate to dump on people trying to make some money, but do not come on here and shill or lie and think nobody is going to notice. It is just lame. Did you pay yourself? The idea that you signed up, did work, and got paid in like 20 minutes is even more of a joke.

browntwn, Nov 7, 2011 IP
  12. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    To be honest man, they may give $5.00 out as an incentive, and users will stick around, but really are doing work for free afterwards. That is my educated guess right now. Besides, that all your research is exactly on.

13. browntwn

Best Answers:
    The sad thing is maybe he was going to start a legit site and pay people. But then decided to fill it with fake testimonials and come on to DP to shill for it. That type of shortcut just kills the credibility of the site.

I don't even like having to point it out. I wish he just deleted his posts and I would probably delete mine as well and let him try again.

browntwn, Nov 7, 2011 IP