1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Has ANYONE done a Real Estate Website?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by drew68, Jul 26, 2006.

if so do you know how i go about implementing MLS or where to get it first?

thanks

drew

drew68, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  2. meikeric

meikeric Peon

Best Answers:
    First, you have to have a real estate broker go through the local MLS board for you. The only way you can access MLS is through a broker. Next you have to parse the MLS data. All MLS's format their data differently, so good luck with that, you'll have to write some custom software to parse the particular data. Let me know if you are interested in pursuing this. I've setup Real Estate websites and have experience with this.

meikeric, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  3. jollyollie

jollyollie Peon

Best Answers:
    I have done some real estate sites. The first step is to contact the MLS. Some have different rules about who can have the data on their site. Some only allow a corporate site, some by office and others allow any member agent. Also be aware that some MLS's charge a fee for access.

Once you have the agreement with the MLS, you have to setup the feed. You'll have to configure the data download, database updates and write some scripts to interpret the data.

jollyollie, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  4. 3dPrinting

3dPrinting Peon

Best Answers:
    Excuse me but what does MLS stands for and don't tell me Menstrual Ladies Syndrom either, or whatever that is women gets monthly.

3dPrinting, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  5. drew68

drew68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mulitple Listing Services - MLS

meik and jolly...thank you...i will be needing your services with pay of course...let me go over the information you provided with my client and we'll take it from there.

again, thanks and i will definately be in touch so be checking your PM's daily...might be tomorrow or may be as late as next week as i have to drive up there to meet with them on Wednesday of next week.

drew

drew68, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  6. Colbyt

Colbyt Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you client's MLS service is using the Raptor system all you need is a URL to place the content on a page or in a frame. Only your client can provide the proper URL.

Colbyt, Jul 26, 2006 IP
  7. drew68

drew68 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you Colbyt....

drew68, Jul 26, 2006 IP