1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have designed a button in photoshop....how do i save the button and not the whole pag

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Beatplexity, May 9, 2010.

this picture should help explan it

[​IMG]

so i have the button and i want to save JUST the button and not the whole dimesions of the page, when i flatten image to try and save it, the background just turns white and it ends up saving the whole page

also i want to add some twirly graphics to the button, how do i extract the button with the twirls that are inside the button and leave out the rest that are on the transparent background

[​IMG]

any ideas anyone

much appreciated.

Beatplexity, May 9, 2010 IP
  2. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    For extracting the button without Twirl, i mean the first one,

Just go to the images menu right next to file menu and edit, and take the trim Option and select to trim from all sides... its one..!

For next one,
    Select the Button with the twirls inside, imean draw a rectangle with the cutting tool, select inverse, press delete... now you have button with the twirls only inside and nothing out of it.

And Now trim it again and save.. enjoy..

Make sure you rasteralize the image or else this wont be possible i think :)

Thanks

extremephp, May 9, 2010 IP
  3. Beatplexity

Beatplexity Active Member

Best Answers:
    extremephp - thanks for the tip

ive managed to trim to picture without the twirls but im having trouble deleting the twirls outside the box, i click inverse, and press delete but nothing happens

ok seems to be working now, thanks for the help, just have to try and draw the rectangle precisely around the button, is there any automatic tool that can do this for me, im using a laptop so its hard on the pad

[​IMG]

edit - ok finally managed to do it using your tips, thanks very much

finished piece -

[​IMG]

edit 2 - ok seems that some pixels are making this look slightly off

how can i change the pixels in the image below to the colour they should be?

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 9, 2010
    Beatplexity, May 9, 2010 IP
  4. snugbrimm

snugbrimm Peon

Best Answers:
    Before doing the trimming did you try saving it as a png? that way you could have the rectangle button and the twirls shown outside of the rectangled button.... if that makes any sense... let me know what happens if you try that

snugbrimm, May 10, 2010 IP
  5. bobsmithmoodeyit

bobsmithmoodeyit Peon

Best Answers:
    yer if u save the image as a image. it will just save the image and u will be able to upload it with a transparant background. good luck

bobsmithmoodeyit, May 19, 2010 IP
  6. rono

rono Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @BeatPlexity, use masks. They're a very powerful way to limit an image to a specific area. In your case the contour of the orange button.

A quick way to do this:
    - Select "Layer 4"
    - Ctrl-click the icon of layer "Shape 1"
    - Click the mask icon at the bottom of the palette layer.
    - and you're done.
    Now you can trim the image and not lose your original arabesque background (if you ever want to move it so a different part shows for example: you will have to click the link icon between the thumbnail of the layer and the thumbnail of the mask to move the layer independently)

You can do so much more with masks, for example using gradients... :)

The lighter edge of the button might be cause by simple automatic PS anti-aliasing. A workaround could be by applying a slight stroke to the layer.

rono, May 19, 2010 IP
  7. googles

googles Guest

Best Answers:
    make a new transparent image with the size of the logo

then move the logo layer to that image then save as png..DONE

googles, May 27, 2010 IP