1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have Godaddy Hosting--cant Get Images To Display Correctly On Website!!!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by cscott5288, Apr 1, 2008.

i bought my domain and server space (linux economic) at godaddy.com

i have one image on my website www.news-string.com at the top left, i can get the image uploaded to the server where my actual html is uploaded too just fine, but linking it after the IMG=src" is the problem. i have looked allover godaddy and can't find anywhere that tells you the directory name of images when you upload them to your server. in my content:file manager i can see all the files i have uploaded to the server but have no idea the location i can use in my html source code to point to them! i did try just http://www.news-string.com/ the folder on the server i put them in but it doesn't work...i ended up getting so frustrated i uploaded the image to imageshak and just linked it there..

here is the source code where the link the image should be:

<v:fill color2="white [7]"/>
    <v:stroke color2="white [7]">
    <o:left v:ext="view" color="black [0]" color2="white [7]"/>
    <o:top v:ext="view" color="black [0]" color2="white [7]"/>
    <o:right v:ext="view" color="black [0]" color2="white [7]"/>
    <o:bottom v:ext="view" color="black [0]" color2="white [7]"/>
    <o:column v:ext="view" color="black [0]" color2="white [7]"/>
    </v:stroke>
    <v:imagedata src="http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2448/image332dg1.gif" o:title="font"/>
    <v:shadow color="#ccc [4]"/>
    <v:path o:extrusionok="f" insetpenok="f"/>
    <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/>
    </v:rect><![endif]--><![if !vml]><span style='position:absolute;z-index:10;

by the way--i used microsoft publisher...so thats why the coding looks so scrambled

cscott5288, Apr 1, 2008 IP