1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Have Great Math Domain Name, Want To Start Math Site, Unsure How.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Traditione, Mar 30, 2010.

I've acquired an amazing high school / college level math domain that I'd like to develop, but frankly have no idea what or how I should do this as I feel a bit out of my element.

Math was always an interesting subject, but I never was quite good at explaining it as I'd prefer to demonstrate it's effects through physics or philosophy. Starting a website that could be used by students for notes, or maybe even a mobile platform for equations, is something I am definitely going to need help with.

There is a site called wolframalpha.com that already does a lot of math and science equations very well; would it be intelligent to progress in that direction? Or maybe a blog-type site devoted to explaining key fundamental theorems out in detail - or a hybrid of multiple ideas.

I don't want to put the domain name out here as I don't know how that might negatively affect things such as page rank, but PM if you are interested.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Traditione, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  2. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I've gotten some responses to make it a forum where people can get math tutoring, but I have no idea how that would work because I've always felt that tutoring/teaching in general works so much better when there is a direct relationship between the receiver and giver of information. This is the reason why I think a system like wolframalpha's that directly works with the user's input and explains it would be much better than emailing notes back and forth.

If it won't hurt ranking or SEO, I'll put the URL here, I'm just not sure if it does harm rankings as search engines might see it as spamming

Traditione, Mar 30, 2010 IP