1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HAve You Ever Used CMSMadeSimple?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Thorny, Oct 19, 2008.

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone had used CMSMadeSimple at all and if you have what do you make of it... I have used it on a couple of sites but im looking at developing my own CMS system. Also what would you say are the key components of a GOOD Cms systems...

Thorny

Thorny, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  2. CraigH

CraigH Peon

Best Answers:
    I've used it once and i really liked it. It's really easy to style and very simple to use.

CraigH, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  3. CommonDavid

CommonDavid Peon

Best Answers:
    Our programmers have looked at it and said it's a nightmare from their perspective. Something about it being object oriented and not integrating with anything easily I believe.

CommonDavid, Oct 19, 2008 IP
  4. 3dcandy

3dcandy Peon

Best Answers:
    I use it, it's easy to use, simple even, but you still need to know how to code a good template to integrate it into.
    module repository means you get a fair few modules you can install, like photo's etc. but I recommend you code a full template yourself, hard code in the stylesheet(s) else it can hammer the database quite hard. also it like a php accelerator to work quickly, and in my experience can run very slowly on shared hosting if there are memory constraints.

on the upside, it's free, bug releases come quickly, the community is helpful, and you can do almost anything you want due to it being object orientated. take a look on the forums of their site and see some of the outstanding examples of sites created with it.

3dcandy, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  5. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If all you want to do is post content for a small site it's fine.

If you want template support and flexibility it will leave you short.

Wordpress is a simple solution for most. And taking the time to learn Joomla for any project that you want to maintain overtime is a better idea, due to the community support and plug ins available.

internetmarketingiq, Oct 21, 2008 IP
  6. 3dcandy

3dcandy Peon

Best Answers:
    I disagree with the flexibility said above. Template's aren't great, there are some built-in, but not great...however, if you can code and design you're own design's it is very flexible...
    Wordpress is probably easier and quicker to get something up and running...

3dcandy, Oct 22, 2008 IP
  7. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I'm running a portfolio in it and it'S working out great for me. so let'S say I like it :D

for me a cms needs page, news management, a gallery.

and of course a kind of templatemanagement that'S easy to handle

Sensei.Design, Oct 22, 2008 IP