1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Havent watched tv in months

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spiced, Oct 15, 2023.

Do you guys still watch regular cable tv if so how often. I never look at it, its so inferior when compared to streaming over the internet.

spiced, Oct 15, 2023 IP
  2. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    My country doesn't have cable but we have a handful of channels that are "free to air" and you just use a TV aerial to get it. At the moment we don't have an aerial so we access the "free to air" via their apps on our Samsung tv - some shows we can get live, but mostly it works just the same as Netflix etc. The shows are just as good as Netflix with an emphasis on local content.

sarahk, Oct 15, 2023 IP
  3. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I haven't had cable TV in about 15 years. I got sick of there being nothing I wanted to watch, or the endless stream of stuff I'd already watched.

I've been using the Internet for all my viewing pleasure for so long, and it's been so nice, I don't understand how cable TV is even a thing. I half expect it to die off around the time the boomers disappear.

deathshadow, Oct 16, 2023 IP
    Johnny Mnemonic likes this.
  4. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No. I just use my TV for watching movies, playing games, or going online. I therefore don't need an annual license.

Johnny Mnemonic, Oct 16, 2023 IP
  5. radi27

radi27 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't watch TV, but the family does. For some reason they want to be brainwashed by the news. :)

radi27, Oct 16, 2023 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I have had cable TV since some time in the 1980's. Just last night, my wife and I were discussing whether we need it any more. We have so many other streaming services (e.g., Samsung, Roku, Amazon Prime, Discovery+, etc.) that we rarely watch cable shows any more. And with a digital TV antenna (quite cheap) we would get all local stations over the air. Of course, we get a bundle price with Verizon that provides a phone landline, cable TV, and Internet and since we use them for our mobile phones, we get a small discount for that, as well. So, it is not clear to me how much we will actually save by turning off cable, but I may look into it in the weeks ahead.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2023
    jrbiz, Oct 17, 2023 IP
  7. jaguar34

jaguar34 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Good choice. Media is meant to manupulate you and will throw you into mental hospital one day with mental health issues they cover. I haven't read newspaper since 2016(only reads msn.com news) and cut cable of my TV in 2016 also. I am subscribed to netflix 4k though.

jaguar34, Oct 31, 2023 IP
  8. Veboo

Veboo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Netflix and chill , no?

TV those days = a lot of crap noting more

Veboo, Nov 1, 2023 IP
  9. jackjns12

jackjns12 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I only watch streaming services and YouTube.

jackjns12, Nov 23, 2023 IP
  10. emmaback

emmaback Member

Best Answers:
    I watch only Netflix

emmaback, Dec 10, 2023 IP
  11. Sumit_Singh

Sumit_Singh Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have cable connection at my home for years and I haven't watched TV in the last 5 years, even a single day. My mother and sister used to watch it but now they are also watching it occasionally. But, my father watches it in the evening for the news.

Sumit_Singh, Dec 10, 2023 IP
  12. Johnny Mnemonic

Johnny Mnemonic Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not really a TV guy.

I've been watching various horror films lately, but I cannot say I liked many of them. I always try to pick ones I think I'll enjoy. I download torrents, but after watching certain movies, they just bore me something silly because they take a while to warm up.

There is one I did somewhat enjoy called Peeping Tom. It did not find steady distribution in the United States when it was originally released, as I guess they just didn't care for screening obscure European movies back then. However, it has since gotten quite the critical acclaim as one of the best of its respective genre.

Johnny Mnemonic, Dec 29, 2023 IP