1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Header Suggestionsq

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Nick_Mayhem, May 29, 2006.

Hello friends,

I am designing a header for my website and had deleted atleast 50 of them. Right now I am a bit satisfied with the current header.

http://www.hotappz.com

Can anyone suggest me something similar to the header that I am using right now. I want something like Hot or Fire to be there.

Thanks for your time and help.

Nick_Mayhem, May 29, 2006 IP
  2. Hombre

Hombre Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Nick,

Your header looks good.

I'd be interested to see what the graphic would look like with the text 'flaming' for emphasis, maybe with the flames licking the top of the graphic and running full width - maybe coming from or as part of a CD ROM for added brand impact.

FYI: The text example above is made with Photoshop but can be adapted for other apps.

Hombre, May 30, 2006 IP
  3. Nick_Mayhem

Nick_Mayhem Notable Member

Best Answers:
    WOW your text example was a good one. It surely gives me some inspiration. I will try it out and see what it looks like :D

Thanks.

Nick_Mayhem, May 30, 2006 IP
  4. meybaud35mm

meybaud35mm Peon

Best Answers:
    your header isnt bad. but considering your industry, i would go for something a little more streamline. so... for example, you could keep the same header, create some more layers (use a bit of masking) to emphasise some clean detail, kinda of a glassy look. i am probably all over the place w/ my suggestion, but i would just focus on more depth, but i would say to definately work w/ the same header and incorporate some of the colors that already exist throughout your site.

take care

meybaud35mm, May 31, 2006 IP
    Nick_Mayhem likes this.
  5. Nick_Mayhem

Best Answers:
    Yeah man I want to create a glassy look but I am noob at designing. Can anyone help me make it glassy? I have the PSD of the current design.

Nick_Mayhem, May 31, 2006 IP
  6. phantascene

phantascene Guest

Best Answers:
    I deffinately like the fire effect that Hombre suggested, think that would look awsome and can't wait to see what you come up with. I'm a Gimp user myself, so I'm afraid I can't help you with making glassy looks in Photoshop.

Meybaud also had a good suggestion in the colors, which I had thought when I looked at your site. Maybe do sort of a multi toned effect along the edges of the flames or something drawing in the colors - I can visualize what I am thinking but not sure how to describe it. If you look at the example Hombre sent you to, where the edges are sort of fadind on the flames - what if the edges faded out through colors like really old glass with arsnic in it - so its kind of a rainbow hued fade out of your site colors from the red of the flame.

Don't think that made much sense. :-/ Will see if I can figure out making a visual example but I am lousy at making graphics.

__________________________________________________________​

Okay, keep in mind that it is 2:30 in the morning, and I have been half asleep for hours, and that I am not skilled with images. This sortta gives you an idea on what I meant above about the colors on the site as part of the faded flames around the fire...
    [​IMG]

I'm sure that anyone (even my 4 year old grandneice) can do better for use on a site, but this is just for demonstration to help illustrate what I botched describing. Hopefully it helps some in your designing.

phantascene, Jun 1, 2006 IP
    Nick_Mayhem likes this.
  7. Nick_Mayhem

Best Answers:
    Well thanks. But sorry If I am being a headache. As I mentioned before I also can imagine the things the prob is that I am not good at photoshop. PHP I can do but designing, I can't but thanks for the help. I will try and get someone to do this.

Thanks a lot.

Nick_Mayhem, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  8. meybaud35mm

meybaud35mm Peon

Best Answers:
    I would be more than glad to create a couple of comps for you if your interested? (for free) I generally ad whatever work I do to my online portfolio (just fyi). Let me know… you can email me at: (meybaud@ gmail.com)

meybaud35mm, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  9. phantascene

phantascene Guest

Best Answers:
    Appologies if it came across that I was not thinking you could imagine what I was explaining, I meant it as I was not explaining it very well. I did not mean to make you think you were being a headache, which you aren't.

phantascene, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  10. Nick_Mayhem

Best Answers:
    So will you make a header for me? FREE?

If yes then I am very much interested. Thanks I will also email you.

Nick_Mayhem, Jun 1, 2006 IP
  11. Nick_Mayhem

Best Answers:
    I recieved the header from meybaud35mm And I want to thank you for it.

The header is a nice one. I liked it a lot. Thanks Thanks Thanks.

Nick_Mayhem, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  12. phantascene

phantascene Guest

Best Answers:
    ::takes a peek at the site::

Oh that's cool! :cool: Nice work meybaud :cool:

phantascene, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  13. meybaud35mm

meybaud35mm Peon

Best Answers:
    hey - thanks

meybaud35mm, Jun 2, 2006 IP
  14. SFOD_D223

SFOD_D223 Peon

Best Answers:
    It's cool when collaboration like this works the way it did. Just goes to show that we all aren't driven by the almighty dollar.

Great work ppl..

SFOD_D223, Jun 3, 2006 IP