1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Heading off to WISPCON

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mia, Mar 19, 2005.

Hello. I realize a great many of you are likely in the SEO world, however some of us are ISP's, web hosts, etc. That said, we do a lot of Wireless Internet among other things and are going to WISPCON VII in Washington D.C. today. We will be doing some speaking on things like MRTG configuration on Windows and Linux, giving some practical real world examples, etc. We have some marketing sessions which cover topics like dealing with competition, direct mail, print and news paper advertising, etc. I touch briefly on how existing businesses can leverage their userbase and or current web presense by using affiliate programs, AdSense and other things. Anyway, the session is packed full of some great information and has been received well in the past!

In any event while not everyone here is a WISP, or ISP, there are some great bits of knowledge and some helpful ideas in our PPT's, so I thought I would share them with all of you.

You can download our current PPT's here: http://wispconVII.mia.net

We are doing the routing for the trade organization that puts the show on, so we will be integrating our monitoring of bandwidth and other things into our MRTG sessions live at the show. There will be live streaming available, and that information should be available at the WISPCON web site.

If you ever get a chance to check it out, or are in the D.C. area Sunday-Tuesday check it out: http://www.wispcon.info

TTYL

Mia, Mar 19, 2005 IP
  2. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, I hope you have a great and safe trip!

wendydettmer, Mar 19, 2005 IP
  3. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    Thanx a bunch! Just got in... What a drag. No food, no drink, nothing. It's like a ghost town here.

Mia, Mar 19, 2005 IP
  4. GTech

GTech Rob Jones for President!

Best Answers:
    Hey mia, have fun on the trip! It's been years since I've presented at a conference. Can't say I don't miss those days.

GTech, Mar 19, 2005 IP
  5. Mia

Mia R.I.P. STEVE JOBS

Best Answers:
    One of my laptops was stolen by TSA security at Ohare.. Lovely.. Friggin bastards!

I wish we could lock up our luggage again like we used to. Argh...

Mia, Mar 19, 2005 IP