1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help? Agency Writing Off AdWords Expenses

Discussion in 'General Business' started by grhawkins, Mar 15, 2013.

Any advice on writing off AdWords expenses if you're running your own agency? Here's a example breakdown of how my partners and I are bringing in revenue:
    • Client agrees to pay $1,000 per month for paid search campaign on Google
    • We charge a management fee which is in addition to the $1,000. To make things easy, let's say we charge a 10% monthly management fee. Meaning, the client is paying us $1,100 total every month.
    • From our business checking account my partners and I deposit $1,000 into the client's AdWords account that we're managing leaving us with $100 in profit.
    Is it better to show $1,100 cash coming in to the business and writing off $1,000 or should we put the client's card on the AdWords account and invoice/collect only the $100 each month?
    What are the pros/cons to each scenario?
    I hope I made sense. Let me know if anything needs to be cleared up! I thank you in advanced for your responses.

grhawkins, Mar 15, 2013 IP