1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Business Crashing...

Discussion in 'General Business' started by rgblogs, Feb 9, 2014.

Hello

I need expert advice.

I have website with descent amount of traffic. I thought of creating information product to earn more money.

After building targeted email list (15,000+ users) and creating information product, the end result was only one product sold.

What I got
    - 2 months wasted
    - Less ads revenue as I promoted product along with ads
    - Less free content created

Now, I don't know what to do? Discontinue or keep building free content to earn through ads only. But how business can be expanded with only ads and free content? Is it sustainable in the long run?

Please help me.

rgblogs, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  2. dscurlock

dscurlock Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    really depends on how much you are making on ads...
    If you are making next to nothing, then you have your answer...
    If you are making enough for a car payment, then you have your answer.

dscurlock, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  3. AffEngineer

AffEngineer Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey OP,

There's still a lot I think you can do so don't worry! Time is never lost in learning.

Is your website targeted? Did you email them short emails before, making them feel like your advice is valuable? If you just collected their emails and sent them a once of "buy this ebook" email then I'm not surprised with the result.

You need to build trust with your audience.

ebooks/lists aside - Have you tried putting some CPA/Shareasale offers up there?

Hope that helped!

AffEngineer, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  4. TrueVapor

TrueVapor Member

Best Answers:
    a list of 15,000 and only one sold. I think there is a problem somewhere, this sounds like a bad list. Maybe you should change where/how your collecting e-mails.

Cant you just convert your info product into smaller "free content"?

TrueVapor, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  5. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    More info needed. What is your website? What is the product? Did you try paid advertising?

Without seeing your website and products it's really hard to suggest anything of a value.

qwikad.com, Feb 9, 2014 IP
  6. dailybread2011

dailybread2011 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Affengineer has some good points. How did you build your email list? 15k is pretty dang impressive. But if you did it giving away a freebie of some sort, which must have been a really good freebie, then your product must be related to the freebie AND you have to have an email responder series of emails to build trust and only then send them some offers. If you got their email addresses and only ever sent them one email "BUY THIS", then that is a large part of your problem.

dailybread2011, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  7. rgblogs

rgblogs Active Member

Best Answers:
    Than you for all replies.

1. 15k email list was build over 1 year. It's opt-in 100% targeted and authentic list. I weekly sent them free content (4 to 5 per month) and usually after every email, I get about 15 replies of thank you, good work, etc.

Open rate is generally in the range of 25 to 35%, so my calculation was that out of 15k, 4000 will open and 40 (1 percent) will buy. But I was shocked to see only 1 buy! I was also giving 100% money back guarantee. Pricing was also not high.

Now, I will again try selling again after 2 months, after series of emails. Timing will be litter better then. The list will also grow upto 20,000.

Any suggestions what to do or what to change in these 2 months so that the result becomes better? My target is to sell 20 products. If less, then I will close everything. I Have two more months...

rgblogs, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  8. Iceware

Iceware Member

Best Answers:
    Why not ask them why they didn't buy! Send an email asking what they would like to buy... maybe the ebook just isn't what they want...
    Some examples is
    • see what topics they like the most on the blog
    • do a survey with a survey software of what topics they want to see more of
    • have them reply to an email to tell you what they would like to buy
    I wouldn't start making anything until you know you have actual customers...

Great job on building a huge list :)

Hope this helps,
    Rick

Iceware, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  9. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    You also have to consider that you just said you sent them free content weekly. If your list is accustomed to you sending them free content, they're not going to be as inclined to buy something when you ask for money. This makes me believe you also got them to sign up by providing something free.

While the list can just be one of many things wrong, I think you'd be better off building a new list of people who you know are willing to buy something from you, not ones who signed up for free content.

Iconiplex, Feb 10, 2014 IP
  10. daveman

daveman Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think all the other comments are pretty good, you could aslo just give more information or give your website for some better feedback.

If it all fails, just make another site with another list but maybe this time look for peope that have money to spend.

daveman, Feb 17, 2014 IP
  11. Commoner

Commoner Banned

Best Answers:
    Hi Rgblogs,

In my humble opinion, it seems that you are doing fine.
    Your website is mere 2 months old, being relatively new to the niche. It does require certain acknowledgement from the public unless you have a certain reputation or prestige in the field.

Have you tried Adsense? It does assist in recouping revenue.
    Should all of the above fail, your contingency plan should come into place.

Regards,
    Commoner

Commoner, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  12. Alyssa Lochmore

Alyssa Lochmore Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it takes months to get a person to respond to an email and order something from your site. However, you can reach people quicker if you create targeted campaigns and communicate with people who actually what what you have to offer.

Alyssa Lochmore, Feb 20, 2014 IP
  13. content4cool

content4cool Member

Best Answers:
    I like your thinking on this.

content4cool, Feb 20, 2014 IP