1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! CMS Selection - FEATURE RICH PLEASE

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by nwesource, Jun 9, 2009.

I have looked at and love the functionality of Light CMS (@ http://www.speaklight.com), but I don't want to pay their residual costs and I can't afford to have my business based on their technology.

The amazing thing about Light CMS, you can integrate slideshows, lightbox photo galleries and many more technologies that are built into a feature rich CMS - not just text entry.

Does anyone know of a system this powerful that can be installed on a Linux host like HostGator?

Thanks in advance - please no spammy posts about Wordpress being the best CMS.

Charles

nwesource, Jun 9, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Drupal is probably going to be the most secure and most flexible solution. I have seen drupal sites that have everything from forums, videos, social networking, and custom profiles on them.

Because of the security issues that revolve around joomla, I recommend that you do not use it. Joomla has a lot of features, but its not very secure.

If drupal is good enough for Yahoo, NASA, MTV (UK), The Onion, The BBC and Nokia - just to name a few. Then it should be good enough for your site.

~kev~, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  3. nwesource

nwesource Peon

Best Answers:
    Does it come the functionality I was talking about out of the box? Thank you for your replies. It reminds me i had seen a couple of those features before, but it was always when I was looking at themes or managed services. If I install Drupal myself, will it have lightbox/floatbox and other javascript library functionality out of the box? Also will it require a bunch more coding - or can it be inserted via menu driven CMS functions? Thank you very much.

Links to resources that will answer my question are greatly appreciated also.

nwesource, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  4. awesome182

awesome182 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think Joomla is better to do that ...

their many template can do features that you meaned it ...

awesome182, Jun 10, 2009 IP
  5. shuman202

shuman202 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    i think is joomla its very rich and u can find alot of mods n addons

shuman202, Jun 11, 2009 IP