1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

help: dictionary CMS suggestion

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by akanesakura, Nov 27, 2008.

Hi,

What CMS would you recommend best for online dictionary?

I want users/viewer to have an option where they could add new word/term and i could easily moderate it, i could accept and delete. I also has an option to add a new word/term.

Thanks!

akanesakura, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  2. zoink59

zoink59 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure a CMS really fits such an application. A CMS is really designed for constantly changing content whereas a dictionary is a database of words to be accessed purely for reference. It seems to me it may be wise to consider a custom solution for such an application - especially since a Dictionary is such a simple interface. The front end is so simple, a CMS may be overkill for a Dictionary app.

zoink59, Nov 27, 2008 IP
  3. akanesakura

akanesakura Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick reply! but i want users to have an option where they could add new term or word and i could accept, edit or delete their term.

I want users to have an option where they could add new term b/c i am not sure if my database of terms are complete.

Thanks! :)

akanesakura, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  4. einsteinsboi

einsteinsboi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use Drupal with CCK and views. You can use CCK to create your dictionary content type, and the rest - submission of terms and such - is very easy with Drupal.

einsteinsboi, Nov 28, 2008 IP
  5. dotmd

dotmd Peon

Best Answers:
    You might try Joomla! also + Glossary extension :) It's great!!!

dotmd, Dec 2, 2008 IP
  6. frankanderson

frankanderson Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should try Google search option. To get best result keyin proper Keywords.

frankanderson, Dec 5, 2008 IP
  7. avi2l

avi2l Active Member

Best Answers:
    As I am interested in a dictionary/encyclopedia cms option, I would also like to know if you have a database of exisiting terms in mysql or csv database, which cms would be easy to import and organize the databases? Is mediawiki a good option as well?

avi2l, Dec 5, 2008 IP