1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! How to use digg, stumbleupon, reddit, yahoo buzz, etc...

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by MaverickGuy, Apr 19, 2010.

Hi,
    I know this sounds like a dumb question, but whats the best way to use these services? Should you ever submit your own posts or articles? For example, I have my website registered at reddit, would it be dumb to submit a post or page from my website to reddit? If that's the case, then how can you optimize the use of these sites? Should I not post my website in my profile on those sites so that people cant see Im posting my own content? Should I submit stuff from other places?

Thanks for your help...

MaverickGuy, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  2. phpwnes

phpwnes Peon

Best Answers:
    those are bookmarking sites and can be good for backlinks you bookmark your site,articles etc.. or any site that you like with a title and description and it gives a link back to your main site but you should know that not all of the links from the bookmarking sites are worth much ebcause some are nofollow links .

phpwnes, Apr 19, 2010 IP
  3. MarkAse

MarkAse Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm working on improving my Digg marketing at the moment and although I don't have a clear answer my thoughts are the following.

-I'll add 10 new friends per day that seem to be active on the site. After adding them I'll Digg a few of their stories, especially any that they have listed as a favorite. The idea is that they'll return the favor.

Will it work? Who the heck knows!

MarkAse, Apr 20, 2010 IP
  4. MaverickGuy

MaverickGuy Peon

Best Answers:
    Anyone else want to chime in? Im surprised at the lack of response. Basically, Im asking if you should digg your own site or do it under a different name, etc. If you keep digging your own website (if you have your website listed in your profile at these bookmarking sites) cant that count against you? Dont they actually tell you in their tos not to digg or bookmark your won stuff???

MaverickGuy, Apr 27, 2010 IP
  5. extremepullups

extremepullups Peon

Best Answers:
    this should be some kind of sticky

extremepullups, Apr 27, 2010 IP