1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP: Illustrator Web 2.0 Logo Design [ URGENT ]

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by andrej, May 1, 2007.

I have designed a Web 2.0 logo for my client in Photoshop. It looks like this example:
    [​IMG]

I need to create the logo in Illustrator, as my client is asking me a vector file of the logo (he doesn't want PSD, he wants AI), so I've tried to design the logo in Illustrator and I got something like this:
    [​IMG]

I really don't know how to make the gradients in Illustrator to make the logo look just like the one above created in Photoshop.

Rep+ will be added to everyone who will help me with this issue. I believe you guys will be able to help me. If you need the PSD file of this example logo to understand the layers of it, I'll e-mail it to you. However, I think it is not necessary, as if you know how to design Web 2.0 logos, you know how to set the layers.

Thanks in advance.

andrej, May 1, 2007 IP
  2. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can export the logo from photoshop in .ai format

Agent47, May 1, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  3. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can you tell me how? When I click "Save as" in Photoshop, there's no .ai choice.

andrej, May 1, 2007 IP
  4. mitcharr

mitcharr Notable Member

Best Answers:
    well... the bit the covers the top half of the text is easy fixed, you have to do a clipping mask, looks like you already know how to do that with photoshop, if not look it up, as for the shadow bit,..um im not actually totally sure. maybe, do it a gradient, with the bottom half blend to the green, that way u will not see it..

mitcharr, May 2, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  5. Agent47

Agent47 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use Photoshop .EPS or PDF. They are all vector and can be opened with Illustrator.

Agent47, May 2, 2007 IP
  6. sir_round

sir_round Active Member

Best Answers:
    From Photoshop, save your file (with layers) in the native Photoshop document.

Then launch Illustrator and go to File>Place and choose your PSD file. You'll then be prompted with a dialog box asking if you want to convert Photoshop layers to objects or place the file as a single, merged object. You obviously want to choose to place as Photoshop layers as objects.

sir_round, May 3, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  7. limantour

limantour Banned

Best Answers:
    Just import it from photoshop with the correct gradient and then in Illustrator save it as .AI, that should work ,)

limantour, May 4, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  8. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It won't work. It must be a vector file (= 100% no loss of quality when you enlarge the logo, even 1000%). With all what you guys suggested me (import the logo from Photoshop to Illustrator, etc.), it doesn't work. Yes, I'll get a .ai or .eps file, but when I enlarge the logo in Illustrator, there is loss of quality - large pixels.

I think what shall I look into are the clipping masks, as mitcharr said. I've never used them, I just use layers gradients and make them transparent...

andrej, May 4, 2007 IP
  9. moon12345

moon12345 Banned

Best Answers:
    For the logo to look similar as ur psd file ,for that make a radial gradient on square of orange an white ,then select a text for ur logo on that radial sqare an remember that ur text fill color should be empty an only stroke color shud be there ,so arange ur text on that radial square an select ur both the text an square n do clipping mask ,u will be getting ur text with ur gradient

moon12345, May 7, 2007 IP
    andrej likes this.
  10. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your advice. I'll try it.

andrej, May 8, 2007 IP