1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Looking for a streaming CMS...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ksb2050, Dec 12, 2009.

I've been searching for days so I'm going to turn to you guys and hope I get some suggestions lol.

I'm looking for a CMS for a streaming site. I will be streaming anime episodes, locally, from my server. Most of these files are MP4. Right now I'm having trouble finding a CMS that allows this, despite knowing these types of scripts are out there. It needs to be a CMS where the user views the video only, so I figure anything youtube clone like is out.

Any suggestions??

:confused::confused::confused:

ksb2050, Dec 12, 2009 IP
  2. sanyi007

sanyi007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, there are a lot of cms with integrated video plugin, like allvideo plugin for joomla, and there are plugins for videos in drupal and wordpress too... still, you will have to post the details of the video in most of them, they can't give a title to the video and a description, you have to do these things. These scripts only simplify the inserting of videos in posts, in your case using direct links in tags will appear in posts like an flv player.

sanyi007, Dec 13, 2009 IP
  3. ksb2050

ksb2050 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well I've tried both wordpress and Joomla and I can't find anything that works actually. Wordpress did work, but then the files stopped loading after a day or so. Joomla everything seems to be a module, whereas I'd need multiple video players playing multiple videos...the Joomla plugins seem to mostly only support 1 video at a time.

So there is no CMS designed specifically with streaming site's in mind?? Seems like someone should get on that lol

ksb2050, Dec 13, 2009 IP