1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help me choosing a Discussion board

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ish221100, Nov 17, 2008.

I have purchase a domain. I want to build a discussion board like digital point. Can any one help me to choose a discussion board software/script. Which is easy to manage and with good look.

ish221100, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  2. Devilfish

Devilfish Active Member

Best Answers:
    vBulletin is by far the most powerful and professional system. I have used a few of the free ones and they are not a patch on vbulletin.

Only thing is vbulletin is quite expensive when starting out but it's worth it. You can start off with phpBB and once your board has grown, you can convert it to vbulletin without having to start from scratch.

A vbulletin license is also transferrable so if your site doesn't take off, you can always sell the license and make some of your money back.

Devilfish, Nov 17, 2008 IP
  3. thefandango

thefandango Active Member

Best Answers:
    Whats your niche, how ig do you think your community will be? Do you want a free script or do you have a budget?

vbulletin is your answer, but it costs.

thefandango, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  4. damsprivate

damsprivate Peon

Best Answers:
    well this site use vbull if u want to make it like vbull then u better go with it . xP
    if i myself pick phpbb

damsprivate, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  5. that0n3guy

that0n3guy Peon

Best Answers:
    If this is your first forum, I would go with phpbb and not spend any money. You will want to get a hang of the different tools that different forum's can provide before you go blowing all your cash.

that0n3guy, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  6. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    vBulletin is your only option IMO :D

Brandon Sheley, Nov 18, 2008 IP
  7. that0n3guy

that0n3guy Peon

Best Answers:
    I think vBulletin is a very good piece of software, but... I think if someone is new to forums, they should start with something free as you can always migrate or switch (granted its a pain). Its just a waste of money to buy software if your not going to use it.

People always "plan" to have an awesome form... but that doesnt mean it will grow to be one. Start simple, then expand when needed.

that0n3guy, Nov 18, 2008 IP