1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! My head is spinning - two excellent web site ideas and need advice!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bartainer, Jul 1, 2012.

Greetings,

My head is spinning! LOL. I have been in the hospitality business for over 25 years and have two good domain names (one site already being designed and tested) describing the content to a tee! BUT, I'm torn because I can only concentrate on one site and one idea!

Both are WordPress driven sites with specialty scripts. I am a WP guru! lol

vrhq.net - Vacation Rental Headquarters. Competes with VRBO.com; however, VRHQ will offer more and a much lesser price.

Both sites have different packages available and can be customized by site owner (

1. Monetize by offer different packages (e.g., $15 per month for 3 photos of rental property, mapping, owner contact form and dashboard).

yumalicious.net - a restaurant listing site. Competes with many other site and to monetize would take more work than vrhq.

1. Monetize by offer different packages (e.g., $5 per month for 1 photos of restaurant, mapping, owner contact form and dashboard).

Thanks,

Cheers.

bartainer, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  2. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    1) I have liked vrhq.net directory structure better over blog kind of structure of yumalicious.net (for listing purposes)
    2) yumalicious.net took really long time to load - is it on free hosting?
    3) consider adding Adsense image and text ads to both of your sites - as they way to monetize from ALL visitors not just listers
    4) to start charging for listing your site(s) should become really popular as there are other sites to allow classified ads for free (kijiji, craiglist, etc)

atxsurf, Jul 1, 2012 IP
  3. bartainer

bartainer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the quick reply and all is appreciated.

I like the name yumalicious; however, do we need another listing site for restaurants? I can make it a recipe site. Only reason I am steering to the recipe site - not all restaurants are yumalicious and it may be counter productive and confusing at the same-time.

VRHQ (Vacation Rental Headquarters) is competing with many others; however, the name is good (IMO) and the rental market it strong. Others charge $345 per year for a simple package and if I can undercut that fee (with 5 different packages to chose from) I may make some money. Other note, I can develop the site and possibly sell it to VRBO. Nothing stops me from going after VRBO clients and offering a less pricey deal.

All advice is welcomed and thanks.

Cheers.

bartainer, Jul 1, 2012 IP