1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help needed ...!!!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ipsg0007, Sep 30, 2008.

i have setup a domain on my server.
    now i want to install wordpress on it but the domain i have set up is an addon domain...
    how can i install wordpress on the domain.
    <the main problem is due to the non existence of subfolders in the addon domain folder>
    please help me sort out this problem.

ipsg0007, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  2. cougarxs

cougarxs Peon

Best Answers:
    Can you make your question a little clearer please.

you need to create a sub folder and install WP in there and then in your cpanel or related admin/backend point the sub domain at the folder you have installed in.

post you domain name & where you trying to install WP into please

cougarxs, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  3. ipsg0007

ipsg0007 Active Member

Best Answers:
    the domain name is wwe-scoops.com
    and the main problem is that i have successfully added a new addon domain on my server and noted down the username and password for the same...
    now when i chkd it through my server control panel i cudnt see any subfolders in the addon domain
    bt as i have installed wordpress earlier also, but tht time the site was setup by a friend of mine.
    and it was having various subfolders like .cpanel, .htpasswds, etc, mail, public html etc.
    and these subfolders are missing in the subdomain in which i want to install wordpress
    do i have to explicitly create all these subfolders or i have gone some wrong way...
    please help me..

ipsg0007, Sep 30, 2008 IP
  4. cougarxs

cougarxs Peon

Best Answers:
    mate i think you may have "stuffed up" lol or removed them somehow.. you should have them folders in there . (.cpanel, .htpasswds, etc) they should be visible !.. sounds like your administrating your own resellers account ??

but without those folders, you site wont be showing up as they tell the server where to look for your domains & addon domains..

If your not the server admin get on to them and ask the to restore / refresh you account, and those missing folders will be restored, and then you can log into your cpanel and set up your add-on & sub domains.

hope that helps.. im off for a while now, but look into that or contact you server admin / hosting co and they should be able to sort out for you in a few clicks, but does sound like you have removed these folders yourself.. or possibly even not had the correct CHOD settings when setting up this account. (Unsure if you admin / or just renting)

cougarxs, Sep 30, 2008 IP