1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help Needed!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by techsuvidha, Oct 19, 2014.

Hello!
    I have a blog which i setup in August 2014. It earned me $21.07 in September & $11.55 till 18th Oct. I wish to sell this website on Flippa, can you please suggest me what should be my Reserve Price & Buy Now price so that i can get maximum value of my website.

Thanks

Attached Files:

techsuvidha, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  2. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The BIN and reserve price doesn't matter. They can be changed at any time. Just list it...

sweetpea69, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Personally, I think "maximum value" and what you are willing to let go of the site for are two different things.

My experience with flippa has been dismal, tried low starting bid to attract bids and bidders, but no dice.
    I still believe reserve needs to be the price you are happy to sell for. Ask yourself, will I cry or celebrate if this sells for *this* price.
    Based on the income, I would say that the site is worth to you $200-$250 + listing fees. This doesnt take into account any fees and expenses you invested into the site.

realistically, based on income alone (which is what most buyers tend to look at) I would suggest perhaps a starting bid of $100, a BIN for $300, and a reserve somewhere in the $200-$250 region.

BEFORE you list, see what sites similar to yours sold for. If it is worth alot to you, but similar sites have had very low final bids, then you might find it is not worth your time.

matt_62, Oct 19, 2014 IP
    sweetpea69 likes this.
  4. Ace Infoway

Ace Infoway Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Whats is the reason to sold Money Making Website? It's pretty new blog, it needs lot of work to maintain the blog and nobody will look to give more time in doing this. So as per my suggestion you can maintain the same for some period of time and than you shall put on Flippa to sell. You will definitely get more price than you sell this time. This is what I think.

Ace Infoway, Oct 19, 2014 IP
  5. sweetpea69

sweetpea69 Active Member

Best Answers:
    So I have zero experience in selling websites on Flippa, but a decent amount selling domains. @matt_62 : definitely agree w/ all that you said....

However, like I said, the BIN and Reserve don't matter. If the buyers are there, and you are willing to sell for some specific amount than they are likely to be asking you directly for the information. You can always work one v one w/ a potential buyer to come to a deal, and the BIN changed accordingly for whatever deal you come to. You can have a $20,000 reserve, and always drop it later to something more reasonable.

In my experience, having a high starting bid ($100) is typically not the way to go. You want to draw as much attention to your listing as possible. Always start off at $1, and as the bids roll-in, you'll shoot to the "most active" front page. You want as many eyes on your listing as you can. More bids = more eyes.

I know having a No Reserve can be a bit daunting...and a little scary ;). But it's typically always the way to go (I go). People are more inclined to put in bids, when they know, this WILL be sold to someone. However, it can depend specifically on what you are selling. A site takes more investment, than just a domain.

I lost money before I made money on Flippa (the case w/ most)...personally I really don't use Flippa a whole lot. But the more you list, the bigger following you'll get. Don't be surprised you're first time around, if you don't get exactly the amount you are looking for.

Most of the sites that sell daily are clones, selling SEO services, search engine affiliate sites, coupon sites, etc. However having something unique that earns revenue, is typically where the better money can be found. Buyers appreciate that. But, money + time investment into the site v selling price...you may not get exactly what you are looking for. Nothings guaranteed.

I'd list it without sinking into any upgrades, and see what attention it gets. You can always relist w/ premium upgrades if you got the attention the first time around, that would warrant sinking the $XXX into upgrades. Trial & error.

sweetpea69, Oct 20, 2014 IP
    kingofking likes this.
  6. aditd

aditd Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    You should place a picture with the revenue as well.
    You can consider 150 - 200$ for the domain at what you say you are making.

aditd, Oct 27, 2014 IP
  7. Build Online Brand

Build Online Brand Member

Best Answers:
    Selling blog at this point in time would not be a good idea - as your blog is still in the initial stage. So for more money it is advisable to manage it for longer time.

Build Online Brand, Dec 2, 2014 IP