1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help on becoming a Blog/Internet Marketing Consultant

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kraklin, Feb 23, 2010.

Hey everyone, I've lurked on these forums and warriorforums for about a year now but this is my first post on either site.

I am a long time internet marketer/blogger and have come to a point where I've been thinking of leveraging all the knowledge I've gained during my journey to make an income producing website.

A little about myself, I started a gaming related blog 2 1/2 years ago. It grew to 200 visitors/day a year later and made me $80 a month.

Now, 2 1/2 years later, I'm pulling in $1,800 a month and starting to see my traffic double almost every month because I found the key elements I need to focus on to get and keep traffic, most efficient ways to market in my niche and what kind of traffic gives me the best conversion rates for ads and affiliate products. I am continuing to do this while working at my full time job.

As I've been thinking of ways to pull in extra income or switch to a part time job while I focus on the site, I really started to think about internet marketing and blog consulting to others (for a fee obviously) that could supplement my website income and allow me to do this full time.

The idea came to me when I started to have friends, who have heard of my success, start asking me about how they could make their own site and that they had a passion for [insert hobby here] and wanted to know how to get traffic, market, monetize etc...

I was thinking of starting a seperate blog to do this, give out free advice on the topics and provide 1 on 1 consulting for a fee or set up packages, but it really seems like the "make money online" area is covered.

Has anyone here had experience doing this or current do it in an offline format or online? Any links or advice would be appreciated.

Kraklin, Feb 23, 2010 IP
  2. sherrinc

sherrinc Peon

Best Answers:
    I know quite a few people including myself who are consulting with offline business owners in their local area and making good money doing it.

It sounds like you have all the necessary skills; it just means getting out and talking to business owners about what you can do to get their business online.

Cheers,
    Sherri

sherrinc, Feb 25, 2010 IP
  3. Fergal

Fergal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Some ideas below;

You could run training courses in your local area, for businesses looking for some help with online marketing and social networking.
    Write and sell an ebook.
    Write a blog on the subject and sell ad space.
    Register at http://www.liveperson.com/ or similar site.

Fergal, Feb 28, 2010 IP
  4. wiggs71

wiggs71 Member

Best Answers:
    There will always be room for you to make money in this area. Some bloggers are looking for a way to make money with their blogs when they consider the amount of traffic that their blog is receiving. Promote your service to friends and family. You can use your site's success as a selling point when marketing your services. You may want to think about contacting other bloggers within blogger directories. Let them know what you have to offer.

Using social sites such as Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, and, Bebo will help you get a few clients. Also, you may want to consider going to internet marketing forums and place your site's (marketing your service) link in your signature. This will help you spread the word.

Good luck!

wiggs71, Mar 2, 2010 IP
  5. FavouritesBlog

FavouritesBlog Peon

Best Answers:
    You need to be able to market your services well and to the correct audience.

FavouritesBlog, Mar 2, 2010 IP