1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help on how to promote a brand new Football Social Network site

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Seanlaing, Feb 7, 2011.

Hello all,

Ive just landed myself my first big free lancing job, working for a brand new football social network site. English football that is (or Soccer to some...) the focus is mainly on the Premier league.

Its a great looking site with loads of potential so Im really excited for the project. I didnt build it or anything but Ive been contracted to help with the online promotions of it.

Basically looking for some helpful advice and tips to get the ball rolling?

Ive set up social media accounts on twitter and Facebook for them, started on some basic SEO too.

Would really appreciate any helpful advice or feedback on how you guys think I can get it out to all the football fans out there! Would love to make a good impression on my first big project.

I look forward to your suggestions!

Thanks

Sean

Seanlaing, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  2. jessicaloreen

jessicaloreen Member

Best Answers:
    do you have blog for your website...

jessicaloreen, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  3. hasnath

hasnath Peon

Best Answers:
    Do you hear about imerchant?You should see this site

imerchant.com/webmaster.cgi

might be helpful
    Thanks

hasnath, Feb 7, 2011 IP
  4. CherryRahtu

CherryRahtu Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of ways, you can search "how to grow facebook fans" or "twitter followers" on google, there are lots of generic tips you can find. I can tell you something very basic you should do, start inviting your friends - your "warm market", get them excited and give them incentive if they share with their friends.

CherryRahtu, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  5. HavenX

HavenX Member

Best Answers:
    There are lots of ways to promote your site the easiest way is thru social bookmarking or through article submission sites try to google the internet their are lots of it there...:)

HavenX, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  6. TotallyDesign

TotallyDesign Peon

Best Answers:
    A good way to promote this website is maybe through the team's forums, this will help you reach your target audience, instead of just random people.

TotallyDesign, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  7. Cyanide284

Cyanide284 Member

Best Answers:
    You can even search on google and know more about companies providing affiliate programs. This will also help you in promoting your site and services.

Cyanide284, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  8. eugene_x

eugene_x Peon

Best Answers:
  9. realmadrid_rocks

realmadrid_rocks Peon

Best Answers:
    Having been in football blogging for quite some time, I've built base upon Twitter and feel I get most traffic from there.

I also had an EPL based blog which I still build on mainly due to content which was unique at that point of time. So I would suggest, before building on your social network, get the content right.

realmadrid_rocks, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  10. Seanlaing

Seanlaing Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks everyone for the advice.

They have got pretty good content and that is being distributed regularly through Twitter and Facebook. Something they felt they had to get right first too, so thank you for confirming that.

The football forum side of things is interesting. Im not sure how easily they can market themselves on there though, have you got a particular forum in mind? I thought about forum banner ads but Im not sure how cost effective they will be at this stage.

I also like the idea of an incentive to encourage them share the site with their friends. Im not sure if the site has anything in its structure to do that effectively at this time though, how would you go about that?

Thanks in advance everyone for the suggestions!

Seanlaing, Feb 16, 2011 IP