1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help selecting CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by chk, Apr 1, 2010.

Thus far I have little CMS hands on experience so I hope people in-the-know can help me to narrow down my search.

I am looking first and foremost for a comprehensive News Management system that can be incorporated into existing site or failing that CMS that has extended news support. It will be used by people who are not very technical so it is very important that UI and workflow are simple and intuitive.

In terms of features I am looking for:
    - flexible template support for both full news articles and headlines sections (ability to choose from several templates)
    - easy image upload and management
    - ability to categorize news and then display them on various pages (or the same page but in different places) based on category and associated template
    - 'sticky' news - eg announcements that can be 'pinned' to page for set amount of time

My brief research indicates that WordPress could be a candidate, possibly CMS Made Simple. Anyone can enlighten me further on the subject? thanks

chk, Apr 1, 2010 IP
  2. obehi

obehi Member

Best Answers:
    yea wordpress can do that :)

obehi, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  3. ~Piyuush~

~Piyuush~ Banned

Best Answers:
    my vote would go for Joomla.....

Regards

~Piyuush~, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  4. daringtakers

daringtakers Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    daringtakers, Apr 4, 2010 IP
  5. NickM

NickM Peon

Best Answers:
    Choose Wordpress, it fully supports yours term and requirements.
    You won't even need any additional plugins + it is very popular, so u can find an answer on almost any question related to wordpress.

NickM, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  6. chk

chk Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all replies. Is there any good, user-friendly News Management system that can simply be embedded into existing site rather than transferring entire site to CMS? CuteNews seems to be a bit too basic.

chk, Apr 7, 2010 IP