1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

HELP! similar CMS like webs . com with automated photos uploads for sofiaworld?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by kittykat21, Jun 1, 2010.

Hello everyone!

I've been searching for weeks on the internet but dont seem to find what im looking for :(

At the moment im hosting my website at webs.com / freewebs.com (www.sofiawold.com)
    however I'd like to find an open CMS with the exact same features and look of mine

Its very important to be able to have automated photo and video posts in each respective gallery. So I could program it to have a new pic in the gallery each day without having to log in (imagine being on holidays and having to search a computer etc... much quicker to make it once or twice a week only) this is something i really need and webs doesnt have it.

also a latest content widget on the frontpage so people could know the last thing i uploaded without having to go trough all the links on my site

I've been searching on google, forums everywhere and i cant find the right thing, i heard wordpress is good but i couldnt find a plugin that automaticaly uploads pictures, has a member section like that etc...

I'll appreciate any help!
    Thanks!!
    S

kittykat21, Jun 1, 2010 IP
  2. Adam_Paterson

Adam_Paterson Guest

Best Answers:
    First of all, you're a very good looking girl and you take a good picture!

I know somebody else will tell you this, but Wordpress and Joomla have modules like this.

Adam_Paterson, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  3. kittykat21

kittykat21 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Adam, hehe :eek: thanx

thanks for the reply, really? I'm trying to find it and I cant, im writing on my search: automated photos, automatic photos, scheduled photo uploads etc, on google and forums and cant seem to find anything :( the closest thing I found was automated blog posts that are written from a chosen subject and automated blog post but that comes from default cms already :(

I'm gonna check if drupal has anything like that but I really like the back-end design of webs, i tend to find the others too dificult :(

kittykat21, Jun 2, 2010 IP
  4. hmansfield

hmansfield Guest

Best Answers:
    You are not going to find it like that because it doesn't exist like that.
    You are going to have to learn the platforms and either program custom functions or edit an existing plug in to get the desired results if there isn't one out there.

Second. CMS platforms are not made to order, at least not any free or open sources ones. You choose the one that has the main functions that you like and you customize and find add ons and plug ins that add the extra options that you are looking for.

There are ways to set up RSS or XML feeds for automated content including video, and you can schedule posts to publish at future times and dates.
    Do you know of this function somewhere, or is this just something that you want? If so, show what you are talking about.

If you are looking for something that has everything you want, ready to go out of the box, then you will probably have to have one built like that, hire someone to set it up for you...or learn how to do it yourself.

hmansfield, Jun 3, 2010 IP