1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help/Suggestions regarding opening a Website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Skin3, Feb 3, 2014.

?

Is this a financial Viable idea in your opinion?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2014.
  1. yes

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
    Hello all,

As like most of you folks out here, I am thinking of venturing into opening a website to generate a consistent cash-flow. but the problem is I have never actually launched a website before and I am not very good at the technical sides of things as in the coding, hostings, ad-placments, adsense, Java, Sql and all that. Though I am Professional, Qualified Graphic designer and Creative director I only limited myself to the "visual" sides of things and never really got into the "back-end".

However now i want to get into making a website like, 'http://www.opensurf.info/' & www.dunsaw.com . Its kind of like hidemyass but not as big and elaborate. I want to keep it simple and concise like opensurf.info ,

Now my question is.

• How much would it cost to get a website like this developed & up n running?
    • Would I need to subscribe to some third party service provider in order to offer this "vpn-like" service on my website
    • How much approx time would it require to get this made?
    • What kind of resources in terms of professionals would i need for the project? Any particular language developer, programmer or coder?
    • Is there, any 'one-stop-shop' service/web-solution provider, who can do all this, make the website, place ads and make everything functional. (Please suggest any trusted such member or service provider that you have previously used.)
    • What kind of Ads can i place to maximize my revenue? any suggestions? and how much these kinds of ads pay ?
    • Anything else that i might take into consideration, before getting into such a project ?

Is 10,000 visitors - per day for the first month of website's launch is a decent number?
    For instance, If suppose I was to clone opensurf.info (use the exact same type of ads) and get 10,000 visitors a day, How much revenue approx would that be ?

I intend to generate revenue through PPC, PPI, adsense, Img/banner ads, pop-up ads. However I am not entirely sure or familiar with any of them or even as to how they actually work. So I would highly appreciated any kind of suggestions and feedback.
    Thanks alot in advance for any tips and taking the time out to reading this.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
    Skin3, Feb 3, 2014 IP
  2. Skin3

Skin3 Member

Best Answers:
    I guess maybe i asked far too many questions to begin with.:(:)

Skin3, Feb 5, 2014 IP
  3. amcg

amcg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Is it a Free Proxy site or a full Subcrption based VPN like HideMyAss your after?
    If it's just the free proxy then I believe you can get a Proxy Script that just gets installed on your server as long as you have some spare IP addresses to use that you buy from your host. Then it puts the search bar on your site which users use for free. Although, there's thousands out there so how would you make yours stand out and where would you get your traffic from?
    But if it's a full subscription based VPN then that's guna cost you a ton, you'll need your own servers in different countries, all fully secured. Then you need your own VPN software created which your subscribers would download and load the VPN on their system and connect to your IPs - which again you'll need a good few hundred or so to start with.
    Proxy sites don't use hardly any graphics, so your talent would be wasted.

amcg, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Can't open dunsaw.com, and the other website I honestly don't get. It's not an easy site to navigate. So, if you go that route, make sure your site is user friendly.

I am not into proxy stuff, but I assume it will all be done server-side. If that's the case, you will need some kind of dedicated server, which may cost you $150-300 each month.

As far the site development, you can find people right on this forum who will gladly do this for you. Just check the subcategories under the Development forum.

qwikad.com, Feb 6, 2014 IP
  5. Iconiplex

Iconiplex Member

Best Answers:
    Making a proxy service work properly will cost a fair bit of money. There are actually a few scripts on the web that you can just throw in your /cgi-bin/ and they'll do proxy work to an extent, but to really code something useful would take a decent amount of time.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2014
    Iconiplex, Feb 10, 2014 IP