1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Help! Totally stumped...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ViciousSummer, Mar 28, 2005.

Sometimes I can not access my websites. When I have other people check them, they can get to them no problem. Whenever I can't access my site through a browser, I also cannot get to it via FTP. Sometimes it's one site, sometimes it's both sites. I havn't been able to get to www.hustlerpanties.com all day and I'm starting to get really annoyed! Does anyone have any idea as to why this would be happening?! It seems to be happening more and more often...:mad:

ViciousSummer, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  2. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Hustler panties is up and running. No ideas why you can not access. Not being able to access for such a long time is problematic. Occasionally I can no access mine but usually it is a fleeting problem.

Shannon

Smyrl, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  3. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Who is your host and who is your ISP? Most likely they could give you that answer.

anthonycea, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  4. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    sounds like you might have some DNS problems.

chachi, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  5. ViciousSummer

ViciousSummer Ayn Rand for President! Staff

Best Answers:
    But what would make only my site unaccessable only to me? I just can't figure it out. :confused:

My host is DP and I have cable internet service through Adelphia.

6. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Do you ever erase all your cookies :confused:

anthonycea, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  7. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I have been through that a number of times last year. DNS issues at times and I would check with others to see if the site was accessable by them. Nothing would work at times and sometimes I would be able to get e-mail only, but orders would still be placed, etc...

debunked, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  8. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Funny thing is that every once in a while, I have some crazy issue with not being able to reach the DP forums. I know other people have had the same issue (I recall Dazzlindonna has had this problem) as well. Maybe you can add a third DNS server so that if the first two don't resolve correctly the third will.

Not sure, but maybe this will help:
    http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=hustlerpanties.com

chachi, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  9. debunked

debunked Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    use Josh's service and see if your site shows through that site - I forget the name but it is talked about in this forum.

debunked, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  10. payoutwindow

payoutwindow Peon

Best Answers:
    Summer ... have you been making too many requests to the server again, resulting in you IP being blocked automatically.

But seriously, check with your ISP, they are the most likely cause of the problem.

payoutwindow, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  11. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    Could be a couple of reasons:

a) if your local DNS server cannot resolve your domain name, you won't be able to get to your site. First, type your server's IP address in the browser and see if you get some response back. It may be not your site if you have virtually-hosted website, but the fact that you get a response means that at the network level there's a connection and the problem is with your local DNS server.

b) something drops packets on the way from your location to your server. Running tracert from the command line may help to determine whether this is the problem or not. This method not always works, though - the underlying protocol used by tracert may be disabled in some routers. If you suspect that this is the case, try contacting someone who knows a thing or two about networking.

Somebody on this thread had suggested a good way of verifying if this is the case - request your URL through a third-party server (e.g. http://www.anybrowser.com/siteviewer.html).

J.D.

J.D., Mar 28, 2005 IP
  12. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    I think that issued is fixed now that the new servers are up and running.

Hey, that's cool! Thanks for the link (now if I could just get ahold of my brother so he can decipher the results...:D )

13. ViciousSummer

Best Answers:
    Yes. Is that a problem :confused: ?

14. chachi

chachi The other Jason

Best Answers:
    Well, I checked that reporting service against a couple of my hosts and yours was the only one that came up with a bunch of fails. I would just pass that on to your bro when you get a chance.

chachi, Mar 28, 2005 IP
  15. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No, it is good to delete your cookies every now and then, I know that when you don't you can get old pages loading, that is why I asked if you clean your cookies. FireFox will load old pages forever unless you clear the memory.

I think you should let Shawn know about what Chachi is on to though, that would be a good start.

anthonycea, Mar 29, 2005 IP