1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hi everybody! New, Domain Queastions

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jprice90, Nov 25, 2012.

Hi everybody! I'm new here, and to site building etc. Wheres the best place to buy domain names? And wheres the best place to start site building? Or just start with Dreamweaver?

jprice90, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  2. CU_Designs

CU_Designs Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well I only buy domains from Godaddy, 1and1, NetworkSolutions, and Register. Godaddy is my top pick, though. I usually buy from the other ones I mentioned when they have a 99 cent deal going on. I think Register's site is selling for 75 cents per domain. You may have to put in 75 cent domain in Google to find the advertisment for it because I don't think it's on their site's main page. But I was told by a Register sales representative that they are no longer accepting PayPal as a form of payment. I prefer to pay with PayPal, so they don't get my business anymore.

I hear Hostgator is a good place to host your sites. They have a lot of good reviews compared to most hosts and they are right here in Texas, which is cool. I like Hostgator. But I really liked iPower, too. I got kind of used to them with sites I've worked on for our clients. They are pretty stable from my experience with them. Zxhosting's site has three recommended packages and they come with a free domain.

Platform to use for building a site: WordPress is a good start. It's simple as simple can get and you can expand from there. But if you're thinking of starting from scratch, then Dreamweaver would be useful.

Wish you the best.

CU_Designs, Nov 25, 2012 IP