1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Honest insight on this potential service

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jeffbeer, Nov 30, 2010.

I'm considering about launching a service based my experience as a community manager by creating a forum's administrator/consultation service. However, I wanted to get some insight from other webmaster's with online communities, forums, etc.

I know this is orginal, but was wondering if there is/would be a market for this at all? Would you honestly hire someone to be your 'admin' (or whatever the title may be)?If so, what would be a rate that someone would hire a community manager/admin for? (could be $/hr, $/day, etc.)

If you had a forum/online community, what $-rate would you hire someone? Be honest... I want real answers, so if you would honestly hire someone @ $1/hr or $20/hour then state it as such.

Thanks!

jeffbeer, Nov 30, 2010 IP
  2. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    Anyone have any opinion or answers on this?

jeffbeer, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  3. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sure, there are a lot of people who have sites but they want it backed by a forum but just don't feel that they care to run it. I doubt you will have a solid /hr rate or even a daily rate though considering forums pay next to nothing unless they are huge. As for myself I would work out a deal where all adsense profit from the forum will go to the admin but I wouldn't pay them. If the forum is backed up by a good site it would make you some money.

Laceygirl, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  4. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing! I understand how forums wouldn't earn much, however I am interested in your idea to have the adsense profit go to the admin...thanks for that suggestion :)

jeffbeer, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  5. fire

fire Peon

Best Answers:
    I would not recommend investing significant time unless you target specifically big forums directly. No one running a small forum would be willing to pay for an admin when theres plenty of people wanting "power" for free.

fire, Dec 1, 2010 IP
  6. jeffbeer

jeffbeer Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the honesty... I definitely understand what you're saying, as forum budgets are typically little to inexistent.

jeffbeer, Dec 2, 2010 IP