1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hosting Content / Sites for Others

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by kkibak, Nov 20, 2006.

For a new site I'm working on, we want to offer members a small, free, hosting account they can use either with a subdomain on our site or with their own domain.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this, and if so, what is the best way to handle such a thing? Many of the people I'm targetting have little or no internet experience so something very userfriendly would be nice. Any suggestions on what to use?

kkibak, Nov 20, 2006 IP
  2. mani

mani Peon

Best Answers:
    get a reseller account you can start your own hosting company...

Or get a multiple website hosting package (usually most of hosting companies gives now) and you can give a seperate directory from your hosting space to a user, but users will not have a cpanel for them... for a cpanel you need a reseller option

mani, Nov 21, 2006 IP
    kkibak likes this.
  3. kkibak

kkibak Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Yeah, I already have both a reseller account and a dedicated server...

My users are really internet newbies so I was hoping for some kind of web 2.0ish, very easy to use interface I could hook up for them. I also plan on hosting hundreds of these so creating a new account for each person manually would kind of be a pain.

Thanks again for the reply, though.

kkibak, Nov 21, 2006 IP