1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hostmonster......

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by dnoah, Feb 1, 2010.

Anyone else using Hostmonster? All of my websites are experiencing "Internal Server Error" and have been all afternoon.

Definitely not normal or representative of the service I have experienced with them. I have been very happy.

I can however access their main website....

So...anyone know what up?

dnoah, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  2. fierceservers

fierceservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Have you tried contacting their support channels? This might be an isolated issue to your account and they may need your input on the situation.

fierceservers, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  3. dnoah

dnoah Peon

Best Answers:
    Actually just found the Livechat while I was working through this. Waiting for someone to connect to me right now. Thanks for the help

dnoah, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  4. dnoah

dnoah Peon

Best Answers:
    We are aware of the 500 Crashes caused by directives within the .htaccess files referencing the "FollowSymlinks" Options. For security reasons, we will no longer support this feature. All websites with this option enabled will have to show this Internal Error until the offending "Options" directive is removed.

What does this mean?

dnoah, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  5. fierceservers

fierceservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Go into the .htaccess file that would be located in your http directory. Remove the line that includes "FollowSymlinks". That should solve the issue :)

6. dnoah

dnoah Peon

Best Answers:
    easier said than done apparently. I cannot seem to find this file.

dnoah, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  7. fierceservers

fierceservers Peon

Best Answers:
    Sometimes dot files (.filename) can be hidden, there may be an option on the control panel to show hidden files. I'm not sure what platform hostmonster uses so I'm unable to really help with specifics...But you may be able to log in via FTP and find .htaccess.

I would suggest to just upload a blank .htaccess to your main folder, but this will erase any options that were placed in .htaccess and may cause problems with your site.

8. library

library Peon

Best Answers:
    This post has the answer for you:

http://bangkoklibrary.com/content/2...-causes-problems-display-css-files-and-images

Basically, Hostmonster have changed their policy regarding .htaccess configuration files and have thus crippled many websites with commonly used directives. For example, most websites that use Drupal will have problems.

It's not difficult to fix, but you'll need a text editor and FTP access. Remember to make a back copy of your .htaccess files before changing anything!

Good luck.

library, Feb 1, 2010 IP