1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Hourlies better than Fiverr?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by danai_p, Jul 11, 2012.

Hi all!!
    I have recently discovered Hourlies.
    It's a new service so i don't know much about it, but navigating in the website i found it very intresting
    At first i couldn't tell the difference from fiverr, but then i realized that the delivery time of the services are quite impressive.
    All services are delivered in a few hours, so you can do your job in less than a day.
    I really really like what i saw, but has anyone used it, so you can give me more intell?
    Please, any advice will be helpfull.
    this is the webpage if you want to take a look..
    www.peopleperhour.com/hourlies

danai_p, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  2. Hostwinds_Dan

Hostwinds_Dan Active Member

Best Answers:
    I much prefer fiverr, as the community and people are much more active there.

Hostwinds_Dan, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  3. Altaire

Altaire Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never heard of hourlies, interesting site though.

It looks a lot pricier than fiverr. do they specialize more on the high end?

Altaire, Jul 11, 2012 IP
  4. danai_p

danai_p Peon

Best Answers:
    @Hostwinds_Dan : you are right, however it starts growing. It is now live and people keep posting more and more hourlies - I will post mine too!!
    @Altair: it is indeed more pricier. But to what I see, it appears such more quality services. Also, you can find very simple stuff, or more complicated and professional eg see the logo tagged hourlies http://www.peopleperhour.com/hourlies?cat=186

I will try from the buyers side as well (need some translations done) and let you know my feedback

danai_p, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  5. edvaldingham

edvaldingham Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will prefer fiverr based on experience,,,

edvaldingham, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  6. SteveBenjamin

SteveBenjamin Peon

Best Answers:
    These close sites don't ever take off. The market isn't big enough yet and most people are pleased with the services fiverr offers. Although having all the orders delivered quicker is tempting the higher price point is a turn off.

SteveBenjamin, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  7. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    im only used to fiverr and freelancer.
    Freelancer im not happy with. Ive seen ALOT of fiverr clones, or sites based on fiverr. Fiverr is good, i like it and its simplicity makes it easy to see whats late, and what completed.
    Fiverr is a mixed bunch of people, i have had entire programming jobs done in 24hours (was a big job) artwork done quickly, and yet i have other people that have screwed me over timewise, 6 weeks late on delivery, no replies at all to messages, if they were struggling with personal issues (all their other clients canceled gigs) i would have accepted any partial work (if any) and been happy to close off all of the gigs i had open (even if they had done no work i would have still let them keep it), then i find they just opened up a new fiverr account and its just wrong.

One thing i dont like about fiverr is the lack of feedback system for buyers. For a start, a buyer that has put in 1k into fiverr should have some sort of recognition, or a way for sellers to say that this person is someone to work with. A buyer that doesnt cancel the first second the job is late should also have some sort of feedback. I dont think the 'tip jars' on fiverr are official, but IMO if they had official tip jars, then buyers that tip should also have a rating of job to tip ratio. So if a seller is unable to take on all the work, they at least would then have the best way to see which jobs they should accept first.

Also with fiverr, i have a job that is weeks, and weeks late. I want to give that artist every chance possible as they did alot of other work for me and they are worth the wait, but sellers with late, or overdue jobs shouldnt be shown in any of the search listings (it should be invisible)

For me, i would be interested in looking at a site that addresses some of the points i mentioned above.

matt_62, Jul 12, 2012 IP
  8. xypoon

xypoon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Never heard of it... Looks decent though but too messy with these unfixed prices.

xypoon, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  9. ServerGurus.com

ServerGurus.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It seems interesting, though not nearly as populated as Fiverr just yet. Thanks for sharing.

ServerGurus.com, Jul 13, 2012 IP
  10. freebiesindia

freebiesindia Peon

Best Answers:
    i think it has to sort out design issues first. its very irritating. am not able to remove the currency tab and also their must be somewhat better price categorisation.

freebiesindia, Jul 14, 2012 IP
  11. danai_p

danai_p Peon

Best Answers:
    danai_p, Jul 20, 2012 IP
  12. alberta123

alberta123 Peon

Best Answers:
    there is another network like fiverr named gigbucks but fiverr is more reliable then gigbuck and peopleperhour.

alberta123, Jul 20, 2012 IP