1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How Adobe Digital Editions ruined my digital reading experience

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Karla0145, Aug 31, 2012.

I’ll be honest with you, I am not a fan of reading books digitally, to me it doesn’t replace reading real books with real paper that has its own scent with each page flip.
    Yet I have formed this habit of buying digital books that “might” be interesting rather than wasting a space on my shelf, if it turns out to be an awesome book I will continue reading it on my iPad, Nexus, or Even my MAC since its just a PDF file which I can carry with me everywhere… A very simple user experience, unbelievably effective, I can even bookmark pages with iBook.
    To cut the story short, I was interested in one of the books provided by Wiley but i wasn’t sure if the book was good enough to get a printed version so I decided to get the digital edition, checked out and downloaded the file.
    At the beginning I thought “what the heck is this file (I sort of expected a PDF)” instead I got an ACSM file, I went back to the email they’ve sent, I tried looking for instructions, I’ve even downloaded the file again to see if I missed any useful instructions on how to read the damn book, turned out I needed something called Adobe Digital Editions (thank you Google & this forum post) which I have installed & i am gonna tell you why I hate this experience:
    1. Its not a PDF
    2. I had to install an application
    3. I had to register to be able to use the application ( I had problems getting registered )
    4. I had to import the file & download the ebook
    5. The viewport was awful & alot of content to read in a single slide, 3 – 4 pages
    6. The application is awfully slow
    7. A super lag that will help ya skip chapters without realising it
    Share this:

Karla0145, Aug 31, 2012 IP