1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How are you earning your money online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bbrian017, Nov 30, 2012.

With all the professional online marketers here at DP I wanted to start a thread about how we make our money online. When I first started I would build a blog, market it, build backlinks and sell it the next PR update. I made little money and did it as a side project. I would make a little money using adsense but seriously nothing you could live from. I also made a few affiliate sales but overall nothing I did was generating enough money to actually make a living. I did this from 2007 to about 2011. During this time I had also started a small blog community that I was building and growing on the side.

Little did I know that small side project would turn into a thriving company full of bloggers. I started a syndication service for both building backlinks and driving social media traffic with Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and a few others. With over 150 monthly recurring subscribers I'm finally making a living online but I'm still looking at the future. I don't have any other ideas on how to generate earnings and I was hoping this thread would provide some feedback and ideas on how to make money online.

The Question

How did you start earning online? What are your suggestion as we move forward into 2013? How do you plan on continuing to earn and what changes do you see coming that may bring in extra income?

Are you using any free scripts online that help you generate income? Share what you can I really appreciate the feedback and help.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
    bbrian017, Nov 30, 2012 IP
  2. gregortarquin

gregortarquin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Each and every people are interested in money making and also there are many ways where people can make more money but some of them are very easiest way where people can earn more without con-seeding any risk.

gregortarquin, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  3. Vindez

Vindez Active Member

Best Answers:
    i hope in 2013 my proxy web can earn more than before..
    i hope in 2013 i can finish my WP Multisite project
    and i hope in 2013.... mmmmmmm... btw what u interest ?

Vindez, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  4. FBLikeShop

FBLikeShop Peon

Best Answers:
    I am in the Social Media Service Business. I help people boost their social presence and they are happy to buy Facebook likes, buy Twitter followers, and buy YouTube views from me on a daily basis. A lot come from across the globe but also in the Hip Hop niche. People in the Hip Hop niche for some reason like a lot of social traffic since it's the number one way they market their products. Music, clothing, etc.

There are other niches I would like to get into but it takes time to learn a whole new business. Someday I will go into another niche but for now I like being a Social Media Provider.

FBLikeShop, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  5. jMom

jMom Peon

Best Answers:
    Used to earn well through affiliate marketing and google adsense. But not anymore.

jMom, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  6. xuzhimol

xuzhimol Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    By promoting my companie's website,and then my boss gives me salary!:mad:

xuzhimol, Dec 2, 2012 IP
  7. jenyfarlopej

jenyfarlopej Member

Best Answers:
    There are so much way to earn online.
    If you have any website then try to add adsense.

jenyfarlopej, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  8. karthikmllore

karthikmllore Active Member

Best Answers:
    well, i was earning from my tech site using adsense but tech is already so much diluted topic in the internet now...

so now I'm planning to start a web hosting business and also have partnered with local web-designing and social-marketing businesses so that I can provide my clients a complete package..

karthikmllore, Dec 4, 2012 IP
  9. XooX

XooX Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good to see you here Brian. I had tried out Blogengage a while back though haven't kept pace since then. To come back to your question, I basically find a gap where the audience would want some service and add value here. For example, my current project is built to help those webmasters who suffer from high bounce rate on their website. I found a way for these users to make money off these boucing users. It is still a small but growing community. Once you add value to users, I feel the loyal users will help you make money in the long run.

XooX, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  10. linksolution

linksolution Member

Best Answers:
    I have also some plans for next year but previously I made money was from freelancing, I earned some money from Adsense, letter my account was banned and now in the time of penguin and pada, it is getting too harder for me.

linksolution, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  11. sahabcse

sahabcse Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Earning money only via adsense using my tech website. Occasionally doing some server support work, link building, directory submission work to others making money using that...

Not big plan in 2013....Improve my site rank in google then plan to sell links and ad space..

sahabcse, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  12. Jagike

Jagike Peon

Best Answers:
    I started with blogging and I had a job. I was able to slowly increase my marketing for my blog while I had a job, but in the beginning, I had to do a lot of free marketing and I learned a lot. Since all of this, I have been able to quit my job. I am glad that I did learn the natural SEO ways in the beginning it was a huge help. I also continue to work on my blogs, my main income source is coming from Adsense.

Jagike, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  13. masm50

masm50 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I earn money through advertising, web development, and licensing some of our in-house tech :)

masm50, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  14. industryprinting

industryprinting Active Member

Best Answers:
    industryprinting, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  15. hasanoben

hasanoben Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well.. I first started with promoting social media, and now i'm designing web sites for people.. Doing some fiverr stuff like translation, prezi, web design etc..
    I'm still new.. I'm hoping that i will do better in the future!

hasanoben, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  16. orphicpixel

orphicpixel Member

Best Answers:
    I just sit around in my workplace, check my email, upload submitted article and make it live, do some tweeting and sharing on FB. Reply to email proposal for text link prices and if its reasonable than I got money

orphicpixel, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  17. wpsailor

wpsailor Peon

Best Answers:
    I do product creation, web design and profit from my blog sites.

wpsailor, Dec 7, 2012 IP
  18. exchanger107

exchanger107 Peon

Best Answers:
    It is better to know about the business you are going to start online before taking any initiatives. There are many ways to earn money but it is important to find the easy, safe and legal way.

exchanger107, Dec 8, 2012 IP
  19. jonrod

jonrod Member

Best Answers:
    Adsense is definitely a good way to make money online, if you have a website then be sure to add Adsense. Other ways to earn online is through social media, PPC sites etc.

jonrod, Dec 9, 2012 IP
  20. xy0

xy0 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    the solo ad businesss is great

xy0, Dec 9, 2012 IP