1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How best to post to social networks.

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by dim sum, Sep 15, 2014.

Hi

I've received some great advice on here about how to effectively use Social networks. I'm still at the early stages but I'm on Pinterest and have created a page with Facebook.

I'm slightly unsure how to progress. I've got about 25 initial posts on my blog which aren't on Facebook or any other social media apart from Pinterest. I've only created them in the last couple of months, so they're still new. Should I post them to Facebook etc. or only post new articles going forward from here? What's the best way to do this?

I've read about Buffer and Hootsuite automating your posts - is this the way to go forward or is it a bit sterile and a bit of a turn off to users? Also they're only compatible with a limited range of SM, so if I started on ones that are not supported I'd have to do it manually anyway.

If I did use them should I register for all the supported SM channels first? That way when the posts are sent out they go to all of the registered SM, so that I don't have to do it manually afterwards, saving me a lot of time?

BTW I use SEO plug in by Yoast, this has a social aspect to it that mentions Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Does this automatically share all my posts to these platforms, and will it do it for old posts?

Appreciate your advice

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    dim sum, Sep 15, 2014 IP
  2. chinesegirl07

chinesegirl07 Active Member

Best Answers:
    My first suggestion is you create a social media marketing calendar. With this, you may plan what to post on certain social media sites.
    Once you created and planned your content, you may use hootsuite or buffer to help with automated posting. This will save you lots of time and gives you a better understanding with regards to social media marketing.

With regards to your blogs initial post, you mentioned that you are using pinterest w/c means you are into pictures or infographic ads. If I may suggest you can include in your ads your site url so that they may visit your site as well.

Hope you dont mind me asking what is your site niche?

chinesegirl07, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  3. dim sum

dim sum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi, apologies for my slow reply. There's been a major internet problem in my region the last week - seems to be OK now though thankfully.

I've been reading about the importance/benefit of posting to SM at particular times. My readers are global however, so I'm not entirely sure when the best time to update would be. My stats show my main readers are in my home country and the U.S. I read something from a U.S blogger before where he said it was best to post to SM at maybe 7/8 a.m U.S time so that people may see your shared content at breakfast time - does this seem right?

I've managed to get get on Facebook since I last posted and have put all my recent posts on their. All of my posts directly link to my website when the user clicks on my Facebook post, likewise on Pinterest. BTW I'm in the travel niche.

Thanks for your ideas.

dim sum, Sep 22, 2014 IP
  4. danasurvey

danasurvey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Try posting in afternoons and evenings for the timezone you are trying to target.

danasurvey, Sep 22, 2014 IP
    briguy likes this.
  5. JamesFWoods

JamesFWoods Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Dim Sum you need to investigate your niche to discover which SM they are on. Facebook is fairly obvious but your niche may not be that active on Facebook. I am not a fan of Hootsuite for one reason, and that is it leaves a footprint that links back to hootsuit. This tells facebook that you are using an auto poster which could put your FB account in jeopardy. All your posts on your blog should be shared to your fanpage, pinterest, g+, and twitter.

Once you have shared on your fan page share the post on your fan page with niche groups.
    Pinterest is great for traffic but you need to build your followers up.
    With twitter make sure you use # tags to target your niche.

JamesFWoods, Sep 23, 2014 IP
    danasurvey likes this.
  6. ParadigmAU

ParadigmAU Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hi Dim Sum, have a look at a Wordpress plugin called MicroblogPoster. It automatically syndicates your posts to whichever social accounts you have setup in the plugin.

ParadigmAU, Sep 23, 2014 IP
  7. dim sum

dim sum Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your other suggestions. I'm on Google+ now. Lots to think about.

dim sum, Sep 26, 2014 IP