1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I better monetize my traffic?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by belgin fish, Jul 19, 2011.

Hey!

Well I have this video hosting website. I just started it over a week ago and so far it's taken off pretty well. I'm getting around 5k uv's / day of stable traffic and growing. The traffic is essentially all USA / Canadian based, with a few stragglers from other countries. Right now my server costs are fairly high to keep up a site like this, therefore I'm looking to increase my revenue.

As of right now I'm doing 3 things to monetize my website.

• I'm selling premium accounts
    • Adsense
    • Adnetwork.net

The premium account sales really arn't going to well, I sell one every here and there for a day normally, really not a reliable source of revenue at this point. The sales of premium accounts generally tend to happen more on older sites, so this is pretty much out of the picture for now.

I also have adsense on the pre video page (not the actual video page in order to prevent account termination) although I realize at any time google could probably ban the site or terminate my account, therefore I'm looking for an alternative.

I also placed adnetwork.net adds on the video page, I'm getting around 1k clicks a day on these but very few conversions, it's not bad though.

The link to my site, along with a link to one of the videos can be found here :

http://www.belginfish.com/link.txt

If anyone has any suggestions for how I can get better revenue from it, and overall just better monetize my traffic please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

belgin fish, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  2. The Elite

The Elite Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Find some affiliates who you'd like to market with and try that.

The Elite, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  3. hackimos

hackimos Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello buddy,

Usually the best ways to monetize video websites is CPA, so you can for exemple make people fill up a form before being able to watch or download, and maybe you can take that off for premium members.
    CPALead would work great with that.

BTW, 5K uv/day is huge for a first week, can you share with us your tips on how you did that?

Cheers mate

Hackimos.

hackimos, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  4. belgin fish

belgin fish Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Well to be honest I really don't like cpalead, locking content from visitors is a sure fire way of losing traffic. I find that if you force them to fill out a survey before they can watch a movie they will just go find another site, and most of them have seen the surveys before and simply click back right away.

And as for the traffic it's really just some hook ups that I have along with a few tricks I've learned over the years, I can't really explain it in simple here on dp, and it would affect my traffic if everyone knew.

belgin fish, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  5. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    Use CJ.com for monetize your website.

jhardy2008, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  6. Robvandam121

Robvandam121 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have no other idea aside form CPA i use it.I am not familiar with the other.

Robvandam121, Jul 19, 2011 IP