1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I do this in WordPress

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by BreezeTR, Feb 8, 2011.

I want that my posts in main page are shown like bottom
    _|_
    _|_
    _|_

[​IMG]

BreezeTR, Feb 8, 2011 IP
  2. ibee

ibee Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    This wordpress theme is available in themehybrid.com, you can go there and downland and use it, once you login in theme settings you will find options to post content and setup categories etc.

ibee, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  3. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Considering that the guy posted that image from http://themehybrid.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/visionary-theme.jpg I think we can assume that he already knows what theme it is. My question is why is he asking how it is done, when he can just take the time to download the theme and see how it is done?

Dodger, Feb 9, 2011 IP
  4. BreezeTR

BreezeTR Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    BreezeTR, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  5. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    That's a pretty old theme isn't it. I guess it got surpassed by his whole Theme Hybrid framework.

You could look inside an Hybrid childtheme called News, specifically at the home.php (or maybe it is called front.php) file. In that file, he has a jQuery slider for feature posts which you can just swap out if you want to do one static feature post. Below that is the logic for separating posts by category and the Html used to split into multiple columns.

There is also a tabbed widget included (or it is built-in to the theme) for popular posts, recent posts, tag cloud, recent comments. The Flickr widget can be found elsewhere on the web. And .... ummm ..... have I left anything out?

Dodger, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  6. fdamours

fdamours Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, dodger is Right. Go for the Hybrid Childtheme; they are the most advanced looking homepage in my opinion. I use them for most of my quality websites; they can be downloaded for free pretty much anywhere on the internet.

Dearly, fdamours

fdamours, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  7. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    Kewl!

Just to add, check out the Theme Hybrid Showcase of what other people have done with that framework. There is some very nice and original looking sites in here. They do not look like they came out of a cookie cutter factory!

Dodger, Feb 10, 2011 IP
  8. Dodger

Dodger Peon

Best Answers:
    WordPress Tavern uses Hybrid. Didn't know that until I started looking thru the Showcase again.

Dodger, Feb 10, 2011 IP