1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I get rid of white pixels?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by cre8ive, Dec 11, 2007.

I want to move images around in a 3D-space while the background color is black or very dark color. But when I do this, making a transparent gif is not good enough when the object in the gif is not rectangle. I guess I need to get rid of while pixels and all pixels that have light colors. Not all of them but ones that surround the object. How can I get rid of all these pixels using Photoshop?

(I’ve been thinking about this for the last several days, but I have not been able to figure this out …)

cre8ive, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  2. shahcloud

shahcloud Peon

Best Answers:
    you should erase them using eraser tool and save as transparent gif.

shahcloud, Dec 11, 2007 IP
  3. titanad

titanad Peon

Best Answers:
    You can use either the "magic eraser" or the "magic wand" tool to erase the white background.
    But, a more precise method is to go the the "Select" menu and open the "Color Range" tool.

You will open a preview mini-window. An eye-dropper tool will be visible when you move your cursor over your pallete. Click on the background color(s) that you want to remove.[NOTE: If you get too much of the image you want to keep, just hit CTL Z to back up]. Click around your image selecting the background you want to remove.

When you a satisfied with your selection, Click OK.

Now, to "Hone In" on your image, go to "Select", "Modify", "Expand" and take the 1 pixel default and click OK. The outline will snap closer.

Now go to: "Select", "Feather" and this time use the 2 pixel default and click OK.

Now, simply hit "Delete" on your keyboard, then go to "Select" and hit "Unselect".

Now "Save" you image as a .gif file.

Now you can "Move" your .gif image over into the black background(or whatever you other image is) byselecting the "Rectangular Marquee" tool to select the entire .gif rectangle and using the "move tool" to drag the image onto your blackground.

If you have any questions, just PM me.

HR

titanad, Dec 14, 2007 IP
  4. jamesplankton

jamesplankton Peon

Best Answers:
    You could also put a dark inner glow on the object and change the blend mode from "screen" to "normal". Also, don't forget to matte the image when you save it for the web. That will prevent jaggy edges.

jamesplankton, Dec 14, 2007 IP