1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I improve my blog to make a business out of it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by anetoiu, Aug 7, 2010.

Hi
    My blog is www.conceptzone.net and I have to say that I receive a lot of comments each day but I have only about 10 unique visits per day. The fact that I get many comments makes me think that this blog might have quite a big success but I don't really know how to promote it. Do you have any ideas?

Also, if there is somebody with experience in this kind of business and wants to make a team with me to make a profit out of this site just announce me.

anetoiu, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  2. EmpowerMedia

EmpowerMedia Peon

Best Answers:
    First off, I really like your blog. I think it is a great idea, and there is a market for this kind of information--a big market. I think you are correct in changing your focus to marketing efforts, because I see a lot of potential there. The first thing that you need is a great logo. You can offer a logo contest here in the DP forums under "contests" and find a great logo for an affordable price that will get the job done. Create a Twitter account and Facebook fanpage using the same domain name and logo. Use these accounts to promote each new post that you make. I would add a Facebook API to the site as well, where readers can "like" your site on the spot. I would also add share buttons below each post so that each post can easily be posted to Twitter or social bookmarking sites when they read it. You can also invest a few bucks in Facebook advertising or launch an AdSense campaign where you control the budget. This will help increase your traffic over time until you can secure a top spot in search engine rankings. Each time that you create a post, be sure to submit it to as many social bookmarking sites that you can think of. Social Poster or Shareaholic can help you do this easily. After a few months, you may also want to consider an email newsletter for your readers. Weber can help set this up for you and manage it. This will help you to get repeat traffic, but remember to offer something of value to your readers. You can offer a contest or a sweepstakes for signing up for the newsletter. Finally, search for advertisers through affiliate sites like Commission Junction or open an account with AdBrite to monetize the site. Google AdSense is still a great way to monetize, but it isn't for everybody. in your case, I would opt for clean, square or rectangular ads in the side bar or inline ads that appear throughout the text. Unfortunately, this is hard to come by with AdSense. Also, check the forums here for link exchanges with people who have similar sites. You can also contact the administrators of other tech blogs and sites about doing a guest post or a link exchange. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!

EmpowerMedia, Aug 7, 2010 IP
  3. anetoiu

anetoiu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, thank you for this big amount of good advices. I will start by making a Facebook page and a Twitter account because you're not the only one who told me that.

anetoiu, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  4. Henry_Jakson

Henry_Jakson Peon

Best Answers:
    I suspect most people won’t stick with it long enough to make a full-time income, but even making an extra few hundred dollars a month isn’t bad either. The good news is that even if you don’t make as much money for bloging as you’d hoped, you can always sell your blog.Thanks!

Henry_Jakson, Aug 8, 2010 IP
  5. anetoiu

anetoiu Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, actually in the past time I didn't pay too much attention to it but now I'm trying to do that. Also, if I would sell it, how much do you think I would get for it?

anetoiu, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  6. WorksForWeb

WorksForWeb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    do not forget to register your blog at Technorati - an Internet search engine for searching blogs

WorksForWeb, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  7. Myongosi

Myongosi Peon

Best Answers:
    I love blogging it gives me my spark, a way of expressing myself to my readers and I have a huge range of blogs on the internet today in a variety of niches. They all let me speak out and be counted and if I was starting again online today this would be an amazing stepping stone.

You will no doubt be aware that you are able to promote a blog with social media but are you aware of the superb results that you are able to get. As with many aspects of internet marketing, I always like to investigate different ways to take advantage of social media and have become quite an expert in this field, even though I say so myself.

I got ideas of promoting my blog with social media from http://myeasyonlinepay.com/how-to-promote-a-blog-with-social-media/. I hope it helps.

Myongosi, Aug 9, 2010 IP
  8. googlecrawl

googlecrawl Banned

Best Answers:
    always update ur article

googlecrawl, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  9. 7Solutions India

7Solutions India Peon

Best Answers:
    I suggest you hire an SEO expert to promote your blog. I have 6 websites and I hired 3 people working for me.

All the very best... :)

7Solutions India, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  10. wholesalechecklist

wholesalechecklist Peon

Best Answers:
    Great site! I would suggest you submit some articles to ezinearticles and goarticles, and also comment on blogs with a similar theme. That should be enough to boost this to the top of the search engines since you are very keyword rich and people are interested in this topic.

wholesalechecklist, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  11. arlisch

arlisch Peon

Best Answers:
    All of your comments are spammers. Almost none of them are legitimate visitors.

arlisch, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  12. peterjoy

peterjoy Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter and social bookmarking sites where you have read. You can also invest some money in advertising or start a Facebook AdSense campaign where you control the budget. This will help increase your traffic over time until you can get a first place in the rankings of search engines. Each time you create an item, be sure to submit it to as many social bookmarking sites imaginable.

peterjoy, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  13. Wholesale-Dealer

Wholesale-Dealer Peon

Best Answers:
    You should submit your site in the listing of search engines and the free submissions directories to get noticed and try to participate in various blogs it will also increase your networking and help you to gain traffic it is a lengthy process but it does work for sure

Wholesale-Dealer, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  14. tonnele

tonnele Peon

Best Answers:
    always have fresh content. Keep your blog interesting and when you write don't forget about the keywords.

tonnele, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  15. anetoiu

anetoiu Active Member

Best Answers:
    I found a job but if you still have a good offer for me, don't hesitate to contact me

anetoiu, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  16. asiammyself

asiammyself Peon

Best Answers:
    I like the blog. Cool idea to look at concepts that might never come to life. I would suggest a goal to become the authority in concept design. Make your site the place to be for concept ideas. I really thing your dooing at great job now and just think it might need some time. Good luck..:)

asiammyself, Aug 17, 2010 IP
  17. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    Empowermedia pretty much nailed it right on.

-Generate more backlinks using article marketing.
    -Submit to social bookmarking sites- i know your site will generate traffic from Stumblupon, visitors from that site love the technology niche.
    -Submit your site to directories like DMOZ.
    -Start commenting on relevant chat forums and put your link in your signature.
    -Comment on as many technology related blogs as possible and leave a link to your website.
    -E-mail other blogs that are similar to your blog and ask them to do a link exchange.
    -Start linking to other blogs and they will notice that you linked to them, and eventually you will start getting some link love back.

Keep building readers to your site and eventually you will start seeing more backlinks, more visitors, and more comments! Blogging takes time but your site is coming along nicely :)

I also noticed your posting frequency is irregular. Sometimes you don't post for months.... Your readers will appreciate it more if you start a consistent posting frequency, even if you only make a few posts a month. Your readers need to know when they can expect fresh content but if you don't update your blog for months you are going to lose 99% of your visitors because they have no reason to visit your website anymore.

Le Dangles, Aug 17, 2010 IP