1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I monetize AND improve this site?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Kinda Intellectual, Apr 10, 2013.

the site is twitmob.net, I avg about 200-400 u/v a month. So far the only developing I did for the site was downloading and then uploading dabr. besides adding mobile ads what else can I do to monetize?

also how can I increase the traffic I'm getting?... I'm not even really sure where it's coming from at this point. most seems to be direct though.

Kinda Intellectual, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  2. melprise

melprise Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    To monetize, your typical choices are CPC keyword contextual ads (like Adsense), pay per sale situations such as affiliate programs or your own products, or CPA. Whatever the method, a realistic conversion rate is about 2%, so to make $20 a month from 400 uv/mo, you'll likely have to plan to get 8 Adsense click throughs paying you $2.50 each, or 8 sales/CPA leads paying the same. Scale up from there.

Adsense money is made on one click of the ad, but sales or leads usually come from two clicks (one to the sale or landing page, and one to oder or opt-in). So your traffic for sales or leads will have to be dozens of times more to convert sales/leads, in your case more like 10,000-20,000 uv/mo. SEO wise, this can be done if you can rank high for 10-12 keywords averaging 5,000+ exact searches per month. You can also improve traffic through social media, use of viral videos, and other non-ranking methods.

melprise, Apr 10, 2013 IP
    Kinda Intellectual likes this.
  3. HealthWebmasters Dave

HealthWebmasters Dave Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Don't get any ideas about making money by clicking your own adsense ads either ;P. You probably know this, but if you don't, google will quickly shut you down for clicking your own ads.

HealthWebmasters Dave, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  4. Kinda Intellectual

Kinda Intellectual Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks melprise, I do have a question for you if you don't mind being a little more specific... Would CPA be better than PPC? My site is just a mobile twitter site, so theres no set audience. The only thing they have in common is twitter, how do i monetize such untargeted traffic? Also it's international traffic (mostly India) don't know if that makes a difference.

Thank you as well HealthWebmasters Dave

Kinda Intellectual, Apr 10, 2013 IP
  5. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i think before doing anything you should change your website design it is not so professional so you can not attract too much visitors.

mrmax, Apr 11, 2013 IP
  6. mrmax

mrmax Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    and also make a good site version for mobile phones.

mrmax, Apr 11, 2013 IP
    adsenseplr likes this.
  7. melprise

Best Answers:
    CPA is preferred by many because in theory it's easier to get people to convert to supplying info (name, email, etc) than it is to get them to buy. This means you can get paid per lead provided to a vendor for only a fraction of the traffic. What fraction that is, varies with the CPA offer, and the quality of that traffic.

I don't see how PPC helps your site, and may just be a cash drain to you. Some find a short tweet teasing a viral article, video or photo link, which in turn points to a CPA or affiliate offer works well.

melprise, Apr 11, 2013 IP
    Kinda Intellectual likes this.
  8. Kinda Intellectual

Kinda Intellectual Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Sorry I'm replying a little late. mrmax the site is meant for mobile phones already, it's by default a mobile site. Since most of my traffic is mobile I wasn't too concerned with having a "pretty" site for desktops, although even if I was I'm not sure how to go about it. I guess I would need a twitter "clone" but one that integrates into twitter itself... I'm not sure, any suggestions you have would be great though.

Kinda Intellectual, Apr 13, 2013 IP
  9. melprise

Best Answers:
    Twitter is very aggressive about filtering out accounts that use scripts, so you may have to just do the follower-building and links to your affiliate promotions manually and carefully. Or perhaps hire a coder to design a custom, subtle program fro you that can escape detection.

melprise, Apr 14, 2013 IP
  10. MikeQ

MikeQ Member

Best Answers:
    And, I would say that if you are targeting Adsense then don't use referral traffic, they would shut down your Adsense account..

MikeQ, Apr 15, 2013 IP