1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I protect my niche from a freelance worker online?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by irule272, Oct 6, 2010.

Hello!

I have this niche that I must say a gold mine for me(at least on my financial preference). The work load is so tiring and I'm now planning to hire a freelance online worker to help me do some tasks.

The problem is, I'm afraid that he might get interested also on that niche and copy the way I'm promoting and marketing the website.

How do you guys deal with this?

irule272, Oct 6, 2010 IP
  2. rofro

rofro Peon

Best Answers:
    Have a lawyer draft a non-compete contract. It may, however, be difficult to enforce the contract if your freelancer is in another country.

rofro, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  3. contentboss

contentboss Peon

Best Answers:
    Almost impossible, in fact. If it's paying well, just keep doing it yourself.

Or you could try outsourcing the work in 'bits' so no freelancer actually knows what you are doing.

contentboss, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Split the work to 2 people so that they cannot copy what you are doing.

mentos, Oct 7, 2010 IP
  5. AstarothSolutions

AstarothSolutions Peon

Best Answers:
    Depending on what your doing will dictate if breaking it up is realistically going to be possible to conseal what is actually going on.

A non-disclosure and non-competition contract would be the route forward but it would depend on which countries you are both based in.

Partly it can also be dependant on who you hire. To be realistic, people generally are doing what they are doing for a reason. We develop websites, for example, we have no interest in running websites. In theory we could easily launch clone versions of every website we have ever built for our clients with the minimum of effort but we dont because we have no interest in this and secondly it would do our reputation no good at all.

Of cause there are others who do want to own websites but are short of ideas/ cash so do other work to suppliment in the short term.... these types are much more likely to clone sites if you allow them to have too much info.

AstarothSolutions, Oct 7, 2010 IP