1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can I stop/prevent this?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by claypage, Dec 12, 2004.

1. darksat

darksat Guest

Best Answers:
    Sounds like a DHTML floating layer, there is SFA you can do if its on the site, it could be spyware but i dont think so.

darksat, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Sounds like it is time to do the DarkSat security thread on Digital Point.

Get with it D :cool:

anthonycea, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  3. claypage

claypage Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm definately going to try. However, It's very basic CSS. I don't know how I can really "fix" it. I know when CSS first came out, Netscape and IE differed a lot. I'm sure Firefox might be experiencing something similar. It could just be a problem with the browser. Not sure though.

claypage, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  4. mopacfan

mopacfan Peon

Best Answers:
    For those die hard IE users that want to kill the dhtml/flash ad overlays, visit www.popupstop.com and get a copy of Smasher. I have been using this for over three years and it's the absolute best popup, popunder, overlay and anyother ad killer out there. It's inexpensive and it works. I use Firefox 99% of the time now. I only use IE when a site does not work in FF like godaddy and several others. Firefox rules but for IE, Smasher by popupstop.com is the only solution.

mopacfan, Dec 13, 2004 IP