1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How can writers sell articles for $1/$2 each here in b/s/t?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by keen4kash, Sep 9, 2009.

I have done some writing in the past and sold some articles here and there when i need some extra money - i know dp has always attracted cheap article writers bcos of high competition and people from poorer countries where the US$ is a lot compared to their own currency:

BUT lately i have seen there are writers here offering even cheaper dirt cheap rates like the $1-$2 per 300-500 word articles for unique content?

I dont know how many people buy from them but that is so cheap and makes it hard to compete when most writers have to charge like at least $1 per 100 words for quality articles to get a small profit for their time.....

Surely they cant be very good for that cheap price? My experience is that you pay for what you get in terms of quality

What do other writers think about this? Is it disheartening?

keen4kash, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  2. sciencegto

sciencegto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I know someone that just sell 1.50/300 words. For me which is also from country that think $1 is expensive enough, it is really helpful for me to build a site content. As a buyer I really don't care what is other writer that charge high price would to think of that as long I still get it in cheap price. This is the real world dude!

sciencegto, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  3. keen4kash

keen4kash Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    But dude what is the point of spending only $2-3 per article if the quality of english or writing style is so poor that you need to spend time fixing all the errors yourself or visitors dont stay on your site/return bcos they cant understand your articles?

Cant see how most cheap articles would be consistently as good as the $5 ones- time is money too?

keen4kash, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  4. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    For me this is a good news coz the price is determined not only by quality but the competition.
    As always competition is good for consumer coz it drive price lower.

mentos, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  5. miamiron

miamiron Active Member

Best Answers:
    If the article takes a lot of time to rewrite then you have saved nothing

If some good writer needs money and is willing to compete by lowering the price then this helps the buyers

In the end the old saying prevails most of the time ............
    You get what you pay for

Cheers

miamiron, Sep 9, 2009 IP
  6. kursatcanak

kursatcanak Peon

Best Answers:
    certainly disheartening situation ..:(

kursatcanak, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  7. AaronJan

AaronJan Peon

Best Answers:
    Remember also that there is more than one market.

The buyer of a budget article is not the same as the buyer of a quality article.

If you can provide a superior product you do not need to compete with the bargain basement writers.

AaronJan, Sep 10, 2009 IP
    keen4kash likes this.
  8. keen4kash

Best Answers:
    Thats a very good point "AaronJan" - something i was overlooking for sure, thanks for writing that

I guess you have to hope that the market is big enough to cater for writers providing varying degrees of quality and price :)

keen4kash, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  9. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The reason is the currency.
    Fo example, USD1 cant buy you a meal in US but you can take a good meal in India, that's make the different

lifeplayer, Sep 10, 2009 IP
  10. kimkay

kimkay Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    These are just economic realities. $1 - $2 may sound dirt cheap to you but let me help you put it in perspective. In some parts of the world, $2 will purchase the following:

Morning cup of tea/coffee - $0.25
    Slice of toast - $0.14
    I egg - $ 0.2

Lunch (plate full of rice and bean stew) - $ 1

Supper (rice and beef stew) - $ 1.25

Total meals daily - $ 2.84

This means that if someone from such a region charges $2 per 500 article and does 5 articles daily , they have more than enough to meet a very basic need and are left with more enough change to take care of other things (rent, clothing, internet etc). Mind you my analysis is based on buying food at a hotel, it is actually about 30% cheaper if you go to the supermarket.

So don't assume that just because someone from some obscure part of the world charges low prices that there is any bearing on actual quality. It is simply economic realities.

kimkay, Sep 11, 2009 IP
  11. Mrbanks

Mrbanks Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can get cheap articles for $1 or so. Yes that does mean a lot to people in some parts of the country. However even if someone from another country is a very good writer and can speak and write fluent English does not mean they understand the culture here in the states (or whatever country).

Yes I have seen about 60% of the cheap article writers have a hard time with the language and misspell words or have bad grammar. I have also seen writers from another country write well but do not understand what they are talking about and therefore can provide quality content.

Most of the time when people are buying these $1 dollar services they are looking for someone who can mainly write something for the search engines first and the reader second. Their rational is that if the search engine sees the mass keyword infested article they will score rank points. However, that is a whole different topic all together.

In the long run it is basically about how much quality can you afford and what are you going to use it for.

I personally charge about $4 for about 350 words. It is not much money but, I love to research new topics and I love to write. I have been a blogger for about 7 years now and can write pretty fast. It usually takes me about 20 minutes to research and write a pretty good article, so that is about $12 an hour. Again, not much and definitely does not pay the bills. It's just more beer money.

Generally speaking though, the people looking for cheaper articles are those looking for blog content or affiliate site content. People looking for real static website content are usually go to pay around $25 per page on the cheap end.

Mrbanks, Sep 13, 2009 IP
  12. keen4kash

Best Answers:
    Ok Kimkay and MrBanks - you have provided me a different perspective on this issue so thanks for posting

Both raise good points and thats why i post these questions here bcos i know there will be usually many different points of view discussed

I mean no disrepect to article writers who sell at low prices - everyone has the right to offer their services as much as the next to try to earn a living. Lets hope their is enough demand for everyone to do well :)

keen4kash, Sep 14, 2009 IP
  13. tuksdrr

tuksdrr Active Member

Best Answers:
    Have you ever been to India? Try buying a "good meal" in Mumbai for $1 - it wont even cover the tip :)

But I get your point...!

tuksdrr, Sep 16, 2009 IP
  14. sciencegto

sciencegto Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's simple. Cheap writers sell cheap articles to poor webmaster like me and Quality writers sell quality article(maybe?) to you.

But it is depend on what we do with the articles. I just use it to optimized high paying keyword for adsense. If I want to do CB landing page maybe I will use great article writer because I do want my product sales.

sciencegto, Sep 17, 2009 IP
  15. Aurelius25

Aurelius25 Peon

Best Answers:
    you can sell it to article-writing.net they buy your article for 4 $

Aurelius25, Oct 31, 2011 IP