1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How did you all start out in web design?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Bowles, Jan 27, 2012.

Hi i am really new to this and although given it a bit of a go in the past, I have decided to dedicate all my time on learning web design! Just wandering how everyone started out and if anyone has any advice that they would like to share I would love to hear!

Look forward to hearing from you!

:cool:

Bowles, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  2. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just start with the websites such as hpage dot com. Learn web designing for free!

zubizubi, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  3. blade001

blade001 Member

Best Answers:
    I am in uni doing a multimedia design and technology course. Its a course with broad modules, and so i started learning webdesign last year. I still have to learn about html5/css3, back end stuff(currently learning) and wordpress.
    If you want to learn using free methods youtube is amazing, alot of people cover basics and advance stuff and people give tips.
    There are sites w3schools.com to really understand what everything is used for, and it even has examples. Learn xhtml(XHTML is a stricter and cleaner version of HTML) and css FIRST.

when you create your first pretty good site use w3c mark up validator(site) to check for errors.

blade001, Jan 27, 2012 IP
  4. GreatRTour

GreatRTour Peon

Best Answers:
    first you create your website you can do one thing you generate your website XML and HTML site map and doing seo and promote you website for brand image....

GreatRTour, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  5. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    These are great tips :) thanks

PCOnline, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  6. BigTim3

BigTim3 Guest

Best Answers:
    started out as a kid lol

BigTim3, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  7. nicelife

nicelife Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Bowles

I learned HTML when I was 10 years old. Computers weren't so popular back then.
    I tried to design some personal blogs when I was 15 and I learned a lot from CMSs back then (and CSS to customize them).
    I started to work formally before college as a community manager and learned a lot from html5 and css3.
    Now I'm in college.

You must always read and keep yourself updated. It's a very competitive field and things are always changing.

Hope that helps :)

nicelife, Jan 28, 2012 IP
  8. netfisher

netfisher Peon

Best Answers:
    When I'm not dazed and confused, I'm confused and dazed.

netfisher, Jan 30, 2012 IP
  9. zubizubi

zubizubi Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to make a website I shall design a Simple/Advanced/Professional/Business website for you absolutely for FREE. Please Pm me for more details.

zubizubi, Jan 31, 2012 IP
  10. Sensei.Design

Sensei.Design Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    For me it kinda happend. I started editing pictures and got really into it starting with basic graphic design and needed a website so I figured I'll design one for myself and things developed from there. (Trying to make a long story short)

Sensei.Design, Jan 31, 2012 IP