1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I ad a Newsletter to my site?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by EasyE, Jun 6, 2006.

Nice forum, nice helpful people. OK, here is the dilemma, I've created a website for a friend and all is well. Now they would like a newsletter to send out to their clients. Something like, "Click here to sign up for our newsletter", on the main page. I'm using dreamweaver and hosting w/ godaddy. Where do I go from here?
    >1. Create the newsletter and save as an .html page and link to that page, but I have no clue how to setup the server side on godaddy? >2 Create a form for the prospective client so that they can input their data, email address and such. But what or how to save that or upload again to server. I'll stop here, yet just looking for an approach that I can understand, simple. (I have very little codeing knowledge). If anyone knows of a good tutorial just point me the way. Thanks again for your help on this.

EasyE, Jun 6, 2006 IP
  2. ludwig

ludwig Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are many free PHP or ASP scripts that do that.

You cannot do it without programming,

The newsletter will be sent only when the admins will have one ready and click send.

You will have to install that system on the server and add a small form on your pages.

Good Luck

ludwig, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  3. Blame Me

Blame Me Guest

Best Answers:

Check out the godaddy site, they, like my web host might provide tools for this and usually for free. No php/asp/mysql skills needed just copy and paste the code onto your web page and the host will do the rest.

If they don't have this service then to do as the other poster above suggested.

Blame Me, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  4. TechnoGeek

TechnoGeek Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, EasyE.
    Web newsletters are generally sent by e-mail and constitute an special case of an e-mail list, where the suscribers only receive but don't send messages. The administrator of the list is who regularly sends a newsletter to the suscribers. Hosting companies usually provide their customers with the software needed to manage e-mail lists. If you don't want to deal with this work, you may want to sign up with one of the many companies that offer this service.
    Hope this helps.

TechnoGeek, Jun 7, 2006 IP
  5. nikolaaa

nikolaaa Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want scirpt on your server - tincan phplist is best one.
    For small list you can use free service on ymlp dot com
    I used that for clients sites.

nikolaaa, Jun 10, 2006 IP
  6. z00pedup

z00pedup Peon

Best Answers:
    if your a complete newbie use www.infinitefx.co.uk

they do everything for you and remotely host the scripts. Newsletter signups, guestbook, hit counter etc

No ads and very reliable.

Although not to professional..

z00pedup, Jun 10, 2006 IP