1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

how do i change the blended color of an image

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by tyankee, May 16, 2012.

i have a template in PSD format and one of the layers is an image taht i would like to 'recolorize'. the image can be found at http://www.crossstitchingart.com/shop/themes/custom/images/title-bg.gif. it looks like a gradient image. if it was a solid color it would be easy to change but i would like to change the underlying color to #c44127 and keep it blended.

is there a way to do this without recreating the image?

tyankee, May 16, 2012 IP
  2. cluongo18

cluongo18 Member

Best Answers:
    Not really, just use the gradient tool and using the color picker select the complete top and complete bottom as the two colors until it mimmicks the gradient. Then just change the underlying color

cluongo18, May 17, 2012 IP
  3. khai373

khai373 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I see your image is .gif
    change the color mode to RGB first then you can use the "Layer Style" to adjust the color you want
    To do this,
    go to Image > Mode > RGB
    then right-click on the layer and select "Blending Option", check Gradient Overlay and adjust the color to the color that you want
    Hope this help

khai373, May 18, 2012 IP