1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

How do I create an online review system?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Trucha, Dec 14, 2009.

Hello guys,

I need a system where people can review other people after a succesful trade. Much like on eBay, it must be possible for buyers to rate sellers and vice versa.

When I started out with this project initially, I never would've thought it to be difficult, but so far I've hit a brick wall.

How do I go about setting up such a system? I could use phpbb, but I'd like a non-forum approach.

Users will need to create an account.

Users need to be able to reach each other, as buyers and sellers.

A user profile could look something like this:

Username(s): Peter, Petey, Peter84

Active trader on the following forums:
    HardwareOnline.com
    Recordere.com
    Xboxlife.com
    Total trades: 116
    Positive: 110 (read feedback)
    Negative: 6 (read feedback)
    Overall Customer Satisfaction: 9,6 (96%)

A similar concept is http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/ - only this system is for rating companies, mine is for rating trades between people.

Let me know if you need more details. I am a relatively experienced user of Joomla and Wordpress as a CMS.

Looking forward to your input!

Trucha, Dec 14, 2009 IP
  2. goy

goy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Wordpress star rating system maybe?

goy, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  3. connelly73

connelly73 Peon

Best Answers:
    I too would like something like this. I have a review section in my site and would like visitors to add thier own reviews on products. Any info/help with this?

connelly73, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  4. necroz

necroz Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't use wordpress or joomla myself. But you can do it easily with Drupal. Check out Fivestar module for example. This is now a common feature for Drupal sites. Also there are lot of custom review and rating modules.
    You can build your own review system in Drupal using modules like "node reference", "voting api", "fivestar", but it may require some time learning them and Drupal in general.

necroz, Dec 16, 2009 IP
  5. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    The best module/component out there is without a doubt the Jreviews joomla component, which can be easily integrated with an everywhere addon or communitybuilder. The review system allows to reviews each others profiles if I'm not mistaken. I'm pretty sure that you could pull it off based on that. Whats more, the support is fantastic and the user community helps each other out.

Just google "Jreviews", and you'll find it.

if you need help, let me know. I've just built a site in jreviews.

JoeOFarrel, Dec 20, 2009 IP
    eddieteo likes this.
  6. eddieteo

eddieteo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have no experience with Joomla, to be perfectly honest, so I am not too sure how fast a review system would be based on Joomla+Jreviews combination. How many users/reviews you reckon the combination of Joomla+Jreviews can handle?

I went to check Jreviews, looks like something I would need. How customizable are the scripts? Anyone has any sites running (please quote other sites other than those listed in the official site) the scripts? Would be nice to take a look at the implementation and the speed based on various servers.

I also thought having to pay extra for the Geomaps is a bit lame, it is not really that difficult to code that extra portion, although it may cost me more than the required price to do that. :) How nice is they would offer both as a package instead (with discounts of course). :D

Any information appreciated, TIA.

eddieteo, Dec 21, 2009 IP
  7. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    hi Eddie,

My site runs on jreviews, on hostgator (yes, yuk). And it works fine. Its only been up two days, so i hardly have any visitors. To soon to tell. I'm to new on this forum to enter the hyperlink in my post, so pm me if you want the address. Or just google "topcommunitysoftwareDotcom".

I would advise you simply ask the advice of the Jreviews component creator. His name is Alejandro, and if you take a look at the forum on the jreviews site, you'll see that he provides extremely dedicated, no bull**** support. I'm pretty sure he will give you an honest answer on your questions without just trying to sell his stuff.

JoeOFarrel, Dec 21, 2009 IP